Submitting Sitemap to Google Webmaster tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

fight4you

Hello, I have problems with my sitemap. I have wordpress site. I download and install Google XML Sitemaps, than I try to submit it in Google Webmaster Tool and get this error message:
Your Sitemap appears to be an HTML page. Please use a supported sitemap format instead

Also, I want to ask why my Total indexed is 0?!

I appreciate your help.

5 comments
Reinstall sitemap and check is it showing all posts by visiting yoursite.com/sitemap.xml

then submit it to google

Google dont index all posts which u have submit it will only index on base of quality of article or post

hello guys i am also got same error i already submitted my xml file to web master but still not appear help me to resolve that problem

I delete Google XML Sitemaps and install Better WordPress Google XML Sitemaps. It seams I resolve my problem, no issues in google webmasters tool. Web pages - 663 Submitted, 649 Indexed. When I go to Google Index - Index Status, I see Total indexed 0. Is it normal?!

And one more question. I set my preferred domain to www. but I'm not sure if I did correct this step:

Confirm your preferred domain Ensure that you specify the new host as canonical in all page links or sitemaps. Use 301 redirects to route traffic from the previous host to the new host.

I edit my htaccess file like this:

Code:
# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.mysite\.com [NC]