Status
Not open for further replies.

darkfelon

well a lot of you have seen my posts about starting a torrent site. And a few months back a forum. I may have a lot of things going on right now but I have built teams for a reason. I love to stay busy. And now I'm also starting a web host. i have the server to start with a legit cpanel/whm license and it is already setup on a server and the server is accessible by a domain. What i am looking for is a couple people to join me on this venture to become successful. If you have a legit whmcs license that would be awesome, or if you have a domain that would be good for a web host that would be great too :) or if you just have skills to offer like coding experience or graphics, or web hosting experience. these are all great qualities I'm looking for.

Business Plan(short version)
My plan is to start out offering shared hosting and build from there adding vps's, dedicated servers, offshore and on shore, would also like to intergrate domain names.

Marketing plan(short version)
My plan is to advertise in as many free ways as possible like facebook, twitter, on forums through word of mouth, and search engines. I would also be open to paid ways of advertisement. i am open to many different ideas.

If you are interested in helping me with this project reply to the thread. I would also like to make this known i am not looking for hand outs I'm looking for people with the same views as me, to make a unique web host with good customer service and offer hosting space that isn't oversold.

3 comments
@darkfelon
Here is my analysis of the current situation
You see there are tons of onshore hosting and it would be difficult to break there and also onshore hosting sucks from my point of view.Offshore hosting is the one that is most in demand and there aren't many providers for that.When i say offshore hosting i mean sweden , Lithuania , HongKong , Romania servers .DMCA ignore Datacenter would be a plus.The cheaper the price , the more cilents you will get.However the price should be high enough for you to get profit.Moreover you need lots of money {taking in range of thousands here} to get started and provide good service.Good service also mean good support.Its not a one man job , you need a team for it , usually people from different time zone.You staff should be able to diagnose problem on server and whether a cilent is abusing or not in a shared environment.Hardware quality should be top notch to minimise Hard disk failure.Offer flexible payment methods like Paypal,Liberty Reserve , Payza , Webmoney.
To pride yourself as an offshore host you should have a legal team that advice you and you shouldn't bend over to authorities unless it is within the law of the countries where the server are or when your are:P

I think i covered all the points

thanks for your concern Ifirst but you obviously didnt read the whole thread. i plan on starting in the offshore market. and i am here looking for a team. needless to say most of your post could of been answered if you actually read my post. i have a legal team, a server to start with, all im missing is the people to help with this project not only to get it going but to also help me manage support cause i realize one man cant sit at a computer round the clock to handle all of the support requests. so by only reading half of the post or only understanding parts that you want to you totally missed the total point i was getting at. I am looking for a team!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back