Splitting files gives more sales or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoug100

Hi mates.
I want your suggestions.
If I want to post big files, lets say about 500MB to 1.5GB size, what is best to do so as to have more chances to make a free user buy premium?
To post single links or split the files in smallers rar files of 250-350MB?
What do you think?

25 comments
Im a downloader, if i could slap the people who split their files, i would slap them. Instead i just report them.

When a host allows you to upload 1GB, why would you split it into 5 200MB parts, you greedy #$@^@^@##... :@

I hate people who split file when ever I see stuff split I pass it up every time splitting files is so lame. People who split files do not give a rats ass about what the downloader wants you greedy bastard

upload files that free/prm both can download.

so prm is happy and free people are happy too they will download it if it's too many split then they will buy prm

1gb files are kk for spliting... as most allows only 1gb to free user.

I hate people who split file when ever I see stuff split I pass it up every time splitting files is so lame. People who split files do not give a rats ass about what the downloader wants you greedy bastard

Well said.. :)
You also get money from free downloaders, what more do you want?

I split my stuff in to 400MB chunks simply because if any of them fail for whatever reason then I can do them quicker instead of uploading 900MB of a 1GB chunk and it falls over. However, I generally provide links on RS, MU, FS, FSO and WU and they are interchangeable so easy for free users to get hold of stuff.

JGM.

It's upto you which kind of users you are targeting.

Users with slow download speed usually prefers splitted files (My experience; around 200MB) They are also most likely not to purchase any premium accounts.

Sales can be generated from 400MB to 500MB and larger splitted files.

Whereas; the major traffic likes large files. Larger than 900MB and also Single Links.

It's upto you which kind of users you are targeting.

Users with slow download speed usually prefers splitted files (My experience; around 200MB) They are also most likely not to purchase any premium accounts.

Sales can be generated from 400MB to 500MB and larger splitted files.

Whereas; the major traffic likes large files. Larger than 900MB and also Single Links.

you are right bro,probably people like maniac doesn't know what slow internet speed is,I am from India,my download speed is 32kbps,and i run away like this when i see 1 gb single link.

1GB SINGLE LINK
fearfulmanrunningaway10.jpg

Last edited:
i hate splitted files and i too pass on as downloader.....
i split files into 1gb parts because free users cant download more than that as free

anirnya:
You can still use jdownloader or other download helpers which will help you continue the stopped download (from where you stopped it, not from beginning).
It is still better to download a single link 1 gb file, even if connection drops 1-2 times, you can reanswer the captcha and start from where you left your download (with jdownloader,for example). Also split files can go corrupt much easier, and a lot of users don't know what to do if one of the many files is corrupt, they just blame the uploader for uploading non-working stuff, and scare away others (as users who have problems always write comments, while those who don't, are not really)

you are right bro,probably people like maniac doesn't know what slow internet speed is,I am from India,my download speed is 32kbps,and i run away like this when i see 1 gb single link.

1GB SINGLE LINK
fearfulmanrunningaway10.jpg

OP is asking how to sell. We all know that it is highly unlikely for somebody in India to buy a premium account.
That aside, I download with 1,5MB/s like most of the world does. Can you imagine how annoying it is to download 1 part when you have to wait more than an hour to download the second?
If your connection sucks, download torrents, buy a premium account or install a proper download manager like mentioned above.

You are just using lame excuses to make more money, and in the end, you don't even achieve that.

OP is asking how to sell. We all know that it is highly unlikely for somebody in India to buy a premium account.
That aside, I download with 1,5MB/s like most of the world does. Can you imagine how annoying it is to download 1 part when you have to wait more than an hour to download the second?
If your connection sucks, download torrents, buy a premium account or install a proper download manager like mentioned above.

You are just using lame excuses to make more money, and in the end, you don't even achieve that.

highly unlikely,i own each premier filehost premium account(1month),highly unlikely i everytime renew them,highly unlikely i believe sharing is caring and for all,therefore highly unlikely i think there should be a single link for 1.5 mb/s internet speed,and there should be 300 mb splitted links for 32 kbps internet speed also,and you forgot that splitted links in mediafire,megaupload and raidshare are always highly appreciated,and they don't earn money.so,better think before you write,bro.:whistle:

highly unlikely,i own each premier filehost premium account(1month),highly unlikely i everytime renew them,highly unlikely i believe sharing is caring and for all,therefore highly unlikely i think there should be a single link for 1.5 mb/s internet speed,and there should be 300 mb splitted links for 32 kbps internet speed also,and you forgot that splitted links in mediafire,megaupload and raidshare are always highly appreciated,and they don't earn money.so,better think before you write,bro.:whistle:

Well you just said it. Why would you prefer splitted files when you have premium accounts.
And again, the guy is asking about money. Mediafire links are a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back