Status
Not open for further replies.

Europe

Banned
Banned
Here are some SEO advices for beginners i can say.

First of all i am in this field for over 3 years. I can say that i don't like the time spent and that's why i hired someone. But before that here is what i have manage to learn:

1. Link Directories - Good only for PR (google case)
Example: I paid about 300$ for links on many directories, on PR3-5 pages. All good. When google crawled some of them the PR went to 1 or 2.
Conclusion - Don't waist your time too much and especially the money on those.

2. Social Bookmarking - 100 digs for some pages
Example: I had a Web 2.0 Design Tutorial website and got about 100 digs for some articles, technorati, del.icio.us and so on.
When checking backlinks digg.com showed only 5 of them.
Conclusion - Pretty good but make sure your article is 110% original.

3. Article Submission - 20 articles on "famous" article directories
Example: As i was writing the tutorials i thought "let's publish them".
Backlinks - very few after so much work

4. Link Exchange websites - Paid about 50$/monthly for 3 link exchange websites.
Example: I added my website to this websites and received about 400 links every month. I added a link exchange script with the "nofollow" attribute ON. I even added the disallow rule in .htaccess. All good so far.
After 3 months i got about 10 emails from different people asking me to remove their links because their sites were banned from Google.
Conclusion: Don't do this kind of link exchange.REALLY DON'T. Your link will end on a 100 link page which of course will end to banning from Google and who knows others too.

5. Paid Traffic - About 50$/monthly for as they said " 3000 unique visitors"
Example - Because i did not had the time to surf other websites i paid for this services.
Conclusion: Google Analytics was telling me that from 3000 visitors/monthly i got only 200 from that site.
Alexa was the only one who showed that i had heavy traffic. But if you don't pay for 1 month the Alexa rank will go down too. Don't waist your time with this.

19 comments
Great summary. However, except from social bookmarking, you tend to discourage from trying other things. Was there any other method you were satisfied with? And do you hire an agency now or is it rather a freelancer?

well you need to work on

1. your site backlinks doing a link exchange.. you can find many sites here..
2. your site content.. make sure its enough popular..
3. provide relevant titles, keywords and description

these 3 things can help a lot :)

Hello friends...!
Thanks for sharing useful SEO techniques...In my point of view forum posting,blog commenting,social bookmarking,article submission,video submission,are the best SEO techniques...!
Magnetic Sponsoring

Last edited:

First of all i am in this field for over 3 years. I can say that i don't like the time spent and that's why i hired someone. But before that here is what i have manage to learn:

Example: I paid about 300$ for links on many directories, on PR3-5 pages. All good. When google crawled some of them the PR went to 1 or 2.

Example: I had a Web 2.0 Design Tutorial website and got about 100 digs for some articles, technorati, del.icio.us and so on.

4. Link Exchange websites - Paid about 50$/monthly for 3 link exchange websites.
Example: I added my website to this websites and received about 400 links every month. I added a link exchange script with the "nofollow" attribute ON. I even added the disallow rule in .htaccess. All good so far.
After 3 months i got about 10 emails from different people asking me to remove their links because their sites were banned from Google.
Conclusion: Don't do this kind of link exchange.REALLY DON'T. Your link will end on a 100 link page which of course will end to banning from Google and who knows others too.

Example - Because i did not had the time to surf other websites i paid for this services.
Conclusion: Google Analytics was telling me that from 3000 visitors/monthly i got only 200 from that site.
Alexa was the only one who showed that i had heavy traffic. But if you don't pay for 1 month the Alexa rank will go down too. Don't waist your time with this.

Thanks for this great summary... Its really helpful however I'm thinking how to build backlinks to the website then??

TBH, your post says "DO NOT SEO YOUR SITES" >_>

Yeah!! It appears like that.. However not exactly. One need to do and apply all these things one by one and in perfect proportion.

Some of the important things remain unsaid are like :
Linkwheels
Link pyramids
Profile Link Wheels
Linkbacks
Social bookmarking of articles submitted... etc

6. Buy Scrapebox and do it yourself.

or

7. (Really Good One) Make sure your site is full of relevant keywords.

Mate, i have few clients used scrapebox and lead their websites banned or the websites are in google sandbox. I'm working on getting them out from google sandbox. lol!! i won't recommend SB.

Hi guys,,I like this thread...!I really thanks for sharing useful SEO techniques...In my point of view forum posting,blog commenting,social bookmarking,article submission,video submission,are the best SEO techniques...!I think its great summary.. ......thanks a lot for sharing that....

regards.

kajal

1. Directory Submission.

2. Submit article in article submission sites

3. Submit Press Releases: Write press releases about your site and submit them to press release distribution services.

4. Social Networking / Social Group Sites: These are very good sources for getting backlinks and huge traffic also.

5. Participate in link programs also.

Yeah you have mentioned very important SEO tactics,other than these i have considered blogging,do follow blog commenting,guest blogging,video submission,Press release,e.t.c.

SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It is the process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” listings on search engines. All major search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing have such results, where web pages and other content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users.

SEO improve the website ranking, also increase the visitors ratio....If the traffic increase means your site automatically get popular in yahoo,bing,Google and in many search engines... It's simple to get traffic for website or blog,You can get in free and paid methods,In free you can get a small amount of traffic,But in paid method you can get more traffic,You can to Blog,forums submissions,directories submissions(like Yahoo directory,Dmoz directory etc) ,answers to real time questions etc...To get more traffic get the Search Engine Visibility (SEO) service at low cost here Tucktail.com and it will help to drive more traffic to your own blog,or website...so visitors ratio will increase...you can earn a lot from your site...

Great post! I really like it. According to my point of view forum posting and blogging are the best one.
thanks for sharing good info...

Hello

Nice summary but there are few missing like blog commenting and posting press release etc.
Kindly consider them also in your explanation.

Thanks
A2zchild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back