site suspended, cpu usage too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

inject0r

Hi, today my site got suspended because of "Out of memory" issue. 100% disk I/O usage...

I'm using the latest ipb version and have ;apache, mysql, mail server installed. I have ubuntu installed and i dont want reinstall it,.

and tipps to solve this?

29 comments
Is this shared hosting or vps?

Go with knownsrv for vps hosting, I think he will help you even if you aren't knowledgeable in linux.

Maybe your shoutbox (chat) getting spam visits from the spam members & bots. Try to put your shoutbox (chat) unvisible for unregistered visitors (or at least for newly registered members). Also this is only one of the much more solutions :)

Remember to also disable so stuff that are not needed on IPB, such as users viewing this topic,users viewing this forums,etc. To be honest who the hell cares who is currently reading it?

What software is your host using for creating and mangaing VPS?
I have not used solus but I thought most used solus and it limited everything so you could never go over resources and get suspended except for bandwidth.

try switching to nginx or litespeed , It will cut your load . Also Use mysqltuner to tune your sql . I guess it will somehow let your loads at level .

What about moving up to a dedicated box?

Or getting a higher CPU allocation and memory?
1GHz isn't amazing if it is a VPS...

Any medium to high end forum is going to need a dedicated server lower to mid you will mainly need at least 4gb dedicated ram and 2-4ghz cpu, if you get like a dual core with 4gb of ram I think you would be fine, but if you get cpanel and run other things that requires ram too, so make sure you set aside 1-1.5gb for things like that.. it really mainly depends on how many people are online at once, and you also need to optimize things like the mysql, forum software, apache, etc..

You should be able to get this for around $100 with cpanel, or $75 without a cp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back