Should we introduce a forum games section?

Should we introduce a forum games section?

• Yes

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
12 comments
No. We shouldn't. They are just rubbish posts. All they do is fill up the forum with crap that might result in increase in spams, disk or b/w space increment.

It'd still lead to the crap on the forum. I understand that webmasters do also need to have a li'l bit of fun, but, this, just isn't the appropriate way..

I thought this was for an arcade so I got too hasty and voted yes, much to my disappointment; it is not.

I retract my vote.

I'd visit every day, and be king of the arcade. All of the time; until newfags come in and start haxxing scores.

Last edited:
I vote yes, based on:
1) post count disabled
2) hidden from public, probation + search bots
3) limits to games (no point of having a count to 1 million game when it will never be reached, waste of server space)
4) rules to stop spammers

Also, award prizes to game winners:
E.g. 'Count to 500 game' awards 50 "likes" in reputation to the winner.
E.g. 'Last person to post wins' awards 80 "likes". etc.

Keeps things interesting, and worthwhile.

I'd visit every day, and be king of the arcade. All of the time; until newfags come in and start haxxing scores.

Not an arcade, just forum-based posting games.

Last edited:
My mind is blown right now.

My post was :

Sp32 said:
I thought this was for an arcade so I got too hasty and voted yes, much to my disappointment; it is not.

I retract my vote.

You then ONLY quote the part where I mention what would happen, IF there was an arcade, i.e; the bold section

Despite me putting just above that "much to my disappointment; it is not"

Not an arcade, just forum-based posting games.

And then you explain to me that there isn't an arcade? ^^^

"I thought this was for an arcade" = Pretty much translates to: "I thought this was an arcade, but then realised it isn't." I.e; thought = past tense.

I shouldn't even need to explain what thought means considering I typed:

The "it is not" part is where I came to realisation that this isn't for an arcade.

If you can't understand why I am annoyed, imagine this scenario:

SJshah says: Hi the sky isn't green.
Sp32 says: No, the sky isn't green.

p.s; Obviously I don't like being condescended.

Last edited:
Forum games with post count being disabled is a good idea for some random fun. Where as an arcade system like vbarcade or something would also be a good idea. And as for SJ's suggestion a betting system for 50likes etc could be made on tournaments like football or cricket to give or take out reputation or likes.

I voted yes because it will make the forum more active rather than dead as most of the good threads in the General Section are now dead so its better to make a section like this and place those games threads in that so that people can enjoy and this forum be more active

I vote no, tried this on my forums, there is interest at the start but after a couple of weeks everyone loses interest, you end up with a sub-forum with loads of unfinished games alot of which are silly, as for arcade games i offer this via a script i have letting members play around 70k flash games, some good some really bad but i have little feedback on that..

i dont think this forum need this game section because some members use it only to increase their posts count, it can be good only if the post count is disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back