Status
Not open for further replies.

::ALEX::

should i enable cloud flare for my warez site?
is there any side effects of cloud flare for vbulletin?

Site:
Code:
ddrmovies.com

19 comments
Only side effect I can think of is that you will no longer be able to see IPs of your users - all you will see is Cloudflare IPs. This basically means you cannot ban IPs or do anything else to do with IPs.

Other than that, it will most likely improve your site performance.

cloud flare can be used to optimize your site and you can check ips, analytics ban certain

ips and country and more in your cloudflare dashboard

Hi,

Only side effect I can think of is that you will no longer be able to see IPs of your users - all you will see is Cloudflare IPs. This basically means you cannot ban IPs or do anything else to do with IPs.

The IP issue is addressed by installing something like mod_cloudflare.

Hi

I work for CDN security and acceleration provider (similar to CF) and wanted to say that:

A) As mentioned, all IP related issues can be easily resolved via simple php add-on.

B) Cloud CDN can provide you with many SEO related advantages. For example: better load speed, whitelisted IPs, WAF malware protection and etc.

C) From my personal experience, in case of VP (and with forum sites in general) Bad Bot blocking features, especially spammers and scrappers blockage, will probably be as important - if not more so - as the acceleration features.

We lately released a study which revealed that, on average, 50% of all incoming traffic is generated by Bots.
http://www.techspot.com/news/47826-study-51-of-internet-traffic-is-from-bots-31-is-harmful.html
Based on our experience, forums sites tend to draw more "unwanted" attention.

But also to say forums sites also draw users who don't want to get cloudfare messages or old pages instead of the current updated page.

No, this is not true. >.>

You can edit SSH settings to make IP's work or use a Proxy to Real IP converter.

Hi,

But also to say forums sites also draw users who don't want to get cloudfare messages or old pages instead of the current updated page.

We don't impact dynamic updates. We can only impact cached static content, so that's really the only concern (addressed by going to Dev Mode or Purging your cache).

Important:
Offline messages
Restoring original visitor IP

Also:
"cloudfare messages"
Paid CloudFlare customers (Pro plan or above) can actually customize CloudFlare error pages.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

I personally have constant problems with old pages or site not available when it is using cloudfare.

Responded to another post already about this in this thread.Definitely check the links out.

I would have to say that when they turn it off they are fast loading and never an old page.

If this is a configuration problem. Then cloudfare should give the hosts enough training or information to help their customers around this problem.

I can no comment on configuration of cloudfare as I do not use it.

I had been using CF for quite some times (about 6 months) and i could say that the CF performance making my site very fast, help SEO your site too as Search Engines take site's loading time seriously in determining SERP.

kind regards

xeniux

Hi,

I would have to say that when they turn it off they are fast loading and never an old page.

If this is a configuration problem. Then cloudfare should give the hosts enough training or information to help their customers around this problem.

I can no comment on configuration of cloudfare as I do not use it.

All of our outbound welcome emails have this information available in them, including tips for users to minimize issues with the service (there are really only about 3-5 real gotchas, easily fixed, that might catch someone unaware if they just signup).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back