ShineServers.Com - FLAT 25% OFF, SSD Disks, LIGHTSPEED, RVSiteBuilder, MariaDB & more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning All ,

Maybe this morning doesn't seems good for us . Well our main site and billing is down as well so thought to give you guys a update here . I guess everyone of you heard about the Evernote , that it got security flaw and breached due to it . Our one of technician stores who was from the "cPanel Administration Team" stored the ddsrv1 , ddsrv2 and ddsrv9 server details over Evernote along with our main webserver and Backup Servers for Shared nodes and Shine Servers main and billing website . We were good at securing our servers but what if someone get access to them directly ? Its just a hacker is blessed with our login details that our staff kept at Evernote . The hackers has prune everything , not even a single folder is available with us anymore . Every single site is gone and i don't think we can rescue it anymore as backup nodes are also in the same condition .

Read more about Evernote : http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/03/evernote-hack-password-resets/
http://www.intehnet.com/evernote-hacked-requires-users-reset-passwords.html

Well we didn't expected that we will going to face anything like this but some things are not in our hands . It's not our staff mistake , he was using Evernote since years but who knows a bigger company can be hacked as well .

What to do now ?

First of all , we are checking our nodes so that we can get the backup if possible (Chances for backup are .01%) .
Secondary , If there are no chances for backup then we'll be going to reinstall every single node and start deployment today itself .

We'll make sure that everything comes up asap ; I can't say about the backup's but i'll try my best if i can let them up .

What we need ?

We need time and your all support so that we can be backup'd up and restore things as soon as we can .

NOTE : Our main site servers is also re installing once its done we'll make our main and billing up so that we can update you guys there . It may take few hours but please bare with us , its not easy for us as well .

No need to post your support requests here as we know the issue and we are working on it , it will just increase your post count nothing much .

Kind Regards
Bharat

i'm so hurt right now

Oh no, the backups. It happens again, I lost another bunch.

What to do now ?

First of all , we are checking our nodes so that we can get the backup if possible (Chances for backup are .01%) .
Secondary , If there are no chances for backup then we'll be going to reinstall every single node and start deployment today itself .

Hi Bharat, sorry for my poor english. But this mean maybe we have to upload our last manual backup if isn possible to you get them from the nodes?

Because i have a forum and my last backup was done too many days ago.

Hi Bharat, sorry for my poor english. But this mean maybe we have to upload our last manual backup if isn possible to you get them from the nodes?

Because i have a forum and my last backup was done too many days ago.

Unfortunately seems so , this is the only way out . Evernote was a great company we also didn't expected a breach from them . But things still go on .

This is unacceptable, im really disappointed. You will "reinstall every node and start deployment today "? Please stop of damage the market and go to play with dust.

The deployment will be started today itself we are still working with server on rescue mode so that we can be sure that its fully cleaned .

I have mentioned it before as well and mentioning it now , its not our duty to take backup's . While making an order you should check the terms .

If your website is that much important then why not take a while for its backup ? Is it that hard ?

I don't want to discuss more on it , i'll let the updates posted here .

Also billing and main site is up you can raise a ticket if anything needed . We'll email you for the further notice .

Regards
Bharat

To all webmasters, taking your backup is one of the unofficial rule of smart webmaster.

If anyone wants to blame someone, blame Evernote for their weak security system.
Bharat is running shineservers from 2010 and he is one of the respected member on WJ.
It's not even his fault.
So cut him some slack.

To all webmasters, taking your backup is one of the unofficial rule of smart webmaster.

If anyone wants to blame someone, blame Evernote for their weak security system.
Bharat is running shineservers from 2010 and he is one of the respected member on WJ.
It's not even his fault.
So cut him some slack.

Dude, for someone who posts more than 40 posts a day on his site manually, uploading, taking screenshots...ect just two or 3 days days without a backup is a big lost, i'm not trying to give bad credit for shineservers because they are a great host with a very profesional support but this accident just fucked everything up; i mean why on earth would they keep backups at the same servers of the same company

@Randall
Well, as Bharat had said:

Our one of technician stores who was from the "cPanel Administration Team" stored the ddsrv1 , ddsrv2 and ddsrv9 server details over Evernote along with our main webserver and Backup Servers for Shared nodes and Shine Servers main and billing website . We were good at securing our servers but what if someone get access to them directly ? Its just a hacker is blessed with our login details that our staff kept at Evernote . The hackers has prune everything , not even a single folder is available with us anymore .

Now, do your really think its his fault?

You people are blowing things out of proportion. Taking regular back ups is your responsibility unless you have an agreement with your host which says they will do it.

@ Bharat

Please report your thread when you need any updates to be posted.

Edit: Reopened.

Last edited by a moderator:
So everything is back , if anyone still facing issues raise a ticket and we'll sort that out . We tried our best to get back your accounts in few hours . Hope everything is fine now .

Regards
Bharat

Hello all,

i bought hosting from shineservers few days back..
and there was a little downtime but everything works great now..

And im very satisfied with the admin support on skype ..
loving it !

keep it up

regards

Bharat has been very helpful over these past few days - definitely the best support from a web host I've seen for a while, and I've been here for 4 years.

Both of my sites are up and running now on Shine Servers and are as fast as ever. http://ted.ph/ and http://krakenfilm.com

As for people losing stuff, shit happens. You should make a backup once a week at least or after a major upgrade, you kinda deserve a slap if you don't.

:friends:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back