SharpLeech 2: Discussion and ideas topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My idea as you know from the other thread:
Add in an option to manually login (similar to the browser tab in iLeech) so sites that cannot be automatically logged into can be logged into and the cookie can be handled by the program.

Useful for sites with different login pages, CAPTCHAs, or sites that don't use the default login pages (custom login).

Hey Hyperz,

I have come from your forum (u redirected me).

My suggestions:

-Adding custom text (You stamped it)
-Maximum posts per hour (To control application overload/crash)
-Custom forum leeching option (Ability to leech from any forum)

I will add more when they pop in my mind.

Thanks

In my opinion Hyperz, I don't understand why you care soo much about the GUI.
This program would be far more useful if it hardly ever crashed & never stopped leeching until you click stop.
Rather than saying its leeching and not doing shit at all.

Most useful applications I come across have a shit GUI but tend to be the more powerful applications.

Like Ezgz for instance, its basic as hell with it's GUI, but you don't see people downloading it so they can listen to a radio now do you?

Yes your little extra features helps you with being superior towards the other shitty leechers bla bla bla..

I think you get what I mean :|

Edit:

Dont get me wrong, your program is awesome.. It's just programs task is much more important than all this extra crap that your putting into it.
Then again, its just my opinion. You wanted it, so you got it. :)

2 more things:

-Donation link (Ya, we will help you)
-Leech first x posts - User will have option to login to the forum with multiple accounts can can leech multiple posts from the thread from those logins.

Hey Hyperz,

I have come from your forum (u redirected me).

My suggestions:

-Adding custom text (You stamped it)
-Maximum posts per hour (To control application overload/crash)
-Custom forum leeching option (Ability to leech from any forum)

I will add more when they pop in my mind.

Thanks

- Has been suggested and will be implemented as an option
- Already possible trough the Pause setting
- Not sure, I won't know if it's doable until I have fully prototyped the engine (which IS being designed around that idea atm).

2 more things:

-Donation link (Ya, we will help you)
-Leech first x posts - User will have option to login to the forum with multiple accounts can can leech multiple posts from the thread from those logins.

- Will have it. Probably in the About tab. Thanks
- Not in the near future but the Interfaces have support for that so that it can be easily added at a later point.

IRC chat ?????
work in SharpLeech 2 =) ?????????????

Yes =)

In my opinion Hyperz, I don't understand why you care soo much about the GUI.
This program would be far more useful if it hardly ever crashed & never stopped leeching until you click stop.
Rather than saying its leeching and not doing shit at all.

Most useful applications I come across have a shit GUI but tend to be the more powerful applications.

Like Ezgz for instance, its basic as hell with it's GUI, but you don't see people downloading it so they can listen to a radio now do you?

Yes your little extra features helps you with being superior towards the other shitty leechers bla bla bla..

I think you get what I mean :|

Edit:

Dont get me wrong, your program is awesome.. It's just programs task is much more important than all this extra crap that your putting into it.
Then again, its just my opinion. You wanted it, so you got it. :)

I just want the GUI to be good or at least better than v1. Every aspect of the program, including the GUI and other non-essential things, needs to be somewhat future proof. This is the 2nd and last time I will write this thing so it needs to be done right.

SharpLeech was not done right. As I've explained a few times before, SharpLeech (v1) was never meant to be good or 100% stable. It was made back when Noto was asking $20+ for iLeech and I wanted to provide the community with a free alternative with similar capabilities. It wasn't made with updating in mind at all. It was made in a hurry. In no way was I trying to build an enterprise-level application. So yes, shit does and will happen in such a scenario.

But to be fair I think you experienced some issues with it and are frustrated. It doesn't crash often for the majority of users and it does post for most. Don't forget what the program is up against - some people expect it to work on every site when that is virtually impossible. Especially in a scene where it is a common trend to have nulled versions, 1001 mods installed, a whole collection of different SEO tools. That and the whole range of different versions of a forum brand. I can't test for every case so yes for some problems will occur. Just bear in mind that this is a free project, made in my spare time for the community. Not for me because I haven't actively used it since beta v0.9.8.

Having said all that, SharpLeech 2 will be an improvement in many ways. Especially so in the parts the user doesn't see - the inner workings. The GUI + radio + chat + stats combined represent only a very small part of the workload. translation: that crap doesn't impact the stability. In fact that crap is already completed which means you can now set your timer to see how much time I spend on the leeching part from now till the beta is out ;). Nearly all dev time is being spend on the engine part. Making sure it runs as good as possible.

Don't get me wrong though, it's good to get some criticism for once so thanks <3.

[/soapBox]

Here's a idea. You can have a list full of usernames. Then you'd put post on random user. Then it would randomly swap posts by the users. Good idea if you want it to look legit.

^^ some already said that idea and it will not happen. Follow along :)

Hyperz if you go the template style why not add a tab for templates which links to the site for sharpleech. A small community where people can post there templates and help others.

About the different accounts: nope. SharpLeech is targeted towards webmasters and not people who want to use it as a postcount++; tool on random sites.

I don't think it should be seen as a postcount. :S Unless I am misinterpreting it.
Will just look weird with 1k posts in a day :L

I am probably contradicting myself here but I didn't understand your post much :(

I don't think it should be seen as a postcount. :S Unless I am misinterpreting it.
Will just look weird with 1k posts in a day :L

I am probably contradicting myself here but I didn't understand your post much :(

first edit your other post, multiple not needed.

Now Hyperz is saying that you want multi users to make your site look active and legit. It wasn't intended to boost your forums total posts, just get some content quickly.

Hypez, You could add like maybe a function to make it so instead of having to run multiple instances of #Leech you could just make a multi-forum poster thing I am not sure how you would do it but I am sure there is a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back