Status
Not open for further replies.

Trueno22

OK I installed kloxo and all the required goodies.

Now I am confused about the DNS templates. It asks to enter names for custom DNS servers. my site is fap2this.com should i enter fap2this.com as the dns using ns1.fap2this.com????

And if I do use ns1.fap2this.com to a register my domain as a name-server using the IP of the vps?

Lastly I transfered my files imported database etc. when I look at the site preview nothing comes up only a blank page. How do I tell if everything is working right.

5 comments
just keep it as ns1.fap2this.com and ns2.fap2this.com

then on ur domain regisrat just redirect the domain to the ip address ... and it'll work

Well actually this is the procedure:

1 - Make a new template with the nameservers ns1/ns2.fap2this.com
2 - Go to your registrar and create a host. If you have two different IPs to your disposal, enter each to ns1/ns2.fap2this.com. If you have only one, then enter the same for both ns1 and ns2.
3 - Enter your new nameservers for your domain.
4 - Add new domain in Kloxo, using the template as in 1)
5 - Wait until the domain propagates.

That's it!

OK. Namecheap only allows me to use ns1 since I can't enter the same IP for both ns1 and ns2. Will I be fine just using 1?

OK. Namecheap only allows me to use ns1 since I can't enter the same IP for both ns1 and ns2. Will I be fine just using 1?

You CAN use the same IP to register ns1/ns2. It's not possible to register just one NS. Domain rules require a minimum of two registered nameservers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back