server req for streaming 700-1k concurrent user

Status
Not open for further replies.

xd12345

hi

can you guys tell me what is the requirement for 700-1k concurrent user for streaming server?
i'm thinking of self hosting a pron w/ 1hr+ durations

Thank you.

8 comments
Not really. Depends on the uplink :) But i assume he has atleast 20Gbps connection at that server otherwise is an bullshit ;)

But how HDD or SSD will provide more than 2gbps ? I have the same problem so i separate my files on 3 different servers with 5gbps and now can handle much more traffic.

But how HDD or SSD will provide more than 2gbps ? I have the same problem so i separate my files on 3 different servers with 5gbps and now can handle much more traffic.

raid + bcache + nginx cache for faster reads. That's not hard at all. I have servers at 100Gbps uplink with NVME raids. Pulling out at spike 96Gbps

2x Intel Xeon Silver 4210R + 25Gbit/s - 200TB + 48GB RAM + Ubuntu 20.04 + nginx + Redis + couchbase (currently using) - data center WorldStream and so far I gets like 20-22Gbps just fine. no buffring. And yes I use the Cloudflare Paid plan for Network Cache and net blanacing.
Never got buffers yet.. But maybe in the future if the traffics gets more I need a new server!

So you have 25gbps with 200tb bw then network is Limited. With 25 gigs out u get out of 200tb in basically two days. Cloudflare doesnt allow streaming via their network unless u pay per hour of streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back