SEO - Google Webmaster Area and Warez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Happy

This is a great video. It's an official Google Webmaster Video and explains most in basic English. I've taken screenshots of what your site should look like for Warez.

[youtube]tQQmq9X5lQw[/youtube]​

This is an example of a site belonging to someone else
9p81x.png

As you can see it contains keywords like code everytime they code the links the word code appears. A really clever yet incredibly simple thing to do is go into the phrase editor and rename Code to Download so everytime you code a link it says Download instead. Just changing the phrase will update every single post on your site. Post again another terrible keywork. Who the hell searches the word 'post' when they are looking for something to download? Same thing for File, Thread and linkback. These are the most used words on the site and they are terrible.

EDIT (9th Feb 2011):
Due to a number of requests I've made a separate seo tutorial of how to change these core words in your site

Here's some example of what it could look like. Now Yogi (as in Yogi Bear) and Harry Potter are in the Keywords as they are recently released so I was targeting those for a few days. They'll be replaced in a few days with the newest movies. A year ago you'd have seen the likes of Avatar here.
hWsWz.png

Here's another example of a site that's targeting mostly Games and Applications rather than zero day content

wkCoB.png

As you can see every word is targeted and it doesn't contain any words like Post, Code or Thread, forum etc.

Targeting Zero Day Content
If you have search queries for something that's popular and current but start to notice them declining remove them and start concentrating on something new.

For example Black Swan
QoxRx.png
is now on it's way down in impressions which is why it's being replaced by Yogi Bear which is the latest Movie. Black Swan is just starting to decline currently but will plummet over the next few weeks so if your still trying to hang onto keywords and gain traffic for it your wasting your time and will see a drop in traffic in two - three weeks even if your going up in the average position as shown above. You can use the internal links and keywords in the Google Webmaster Area to make sure you are correctly targeting relevant and current content.

Anyway that youtube video is pretty good and well explained and just wanted to expand on it and show how you could use and adapt it to warez.

For more really good videos check out Google Webmaster's Youtube Page

Last edited:
18 comments
Be careful never let that bar for relevance get past around 50% or you will:
a) Most likely be penalised for spam (too high keyword saturation)
b) Be wasting time, google only increases the relevance conter for 3-6 matches per page. Any more and you are just wasting words (unless its for the user in which case its not SEO but users are just as important)

Be careful never let that bar for relevance get past around 50% or you will:
a) Most likely be penalised for spam (too high keyword saturation)
b) Be wasting time, google only increases the relevance conter for 3-6 matches per page. Any more and you are just wasting words (unless its for the user in which case its not SEO but users are just as important)

a) The bar shows the %. The first one is always 100%. How can you have it at 50%.
b) As for 3-6 matches per page. Yes that's correct but only if it's in content. Having the keywords again in h1, h2, h3 and eg an image alt tag or underlined or in bold someplace along with the 3-4 in the content (or more depending how how much content is present) is what you should be aiming for. It's not just about the number but where you put them and how you use them.

a) The bar shows the %. The first one is always 100%. How can you have it at 50%.
b) As for 3-6 matches per page. Yes that's correct but only if it's in content. Having the keywords again in h1, h2, h3 and eg an image alt tag or underlined or in bold someplace along with the 3-4 in the content (or more depending how how much content is present) is what you should be aiming for. It's not just about the number but where you put them and how you use them.
My first one on one site is at 75% and the others all much lower, strange.

Example of my adult wordpress blog:

5776c1.jpg

As you can see (red rectangle) i think that i have an error, keyword read with a lot of relevance, into an adult blog not has too much sense).

This can be included into core phrases SEO, but this time from wordpress side.

I think that a proper way is try to change "read" to "download".

Nice post Mr Happy, i´m a fan of your SEO posts, i tryed to follow all of them and apply into my blog which is 18 days old and gets between 10-20 daily hits from google :P

Very apreciated info.

I have question, perhaps not the correct post to make it but... here we go.

If i see that most of hits from google comes from a keyword should i increase density of that keyword into my blog pages?

(Previous question is made because is weird, but most of hits that i get from google comes from a keyword not listed into the top 20 keyword list posted before)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back