SEO concern needs an Expert opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ge0

Hi ALL,

So directly getting to the question.

I bought this domain which was getting expired and started something entirely different from what the domain was used previously.
The problem is the domains has 37k backlinks, 122 domain referring to it, so I am getting a lot of traffic but it seems like useless to me as its causing 80% bounce rate may be people are not finding what they want.

So I want to know what should I do, should I just sit back and enjoy the traffic neglecting the bounce rate, or what can i do which will be beneficiary.

One more thing, will the website will have an negative impact in terms of Google search due to irrelevant traffic. Is there any way to indicate Google that the websites objective is changed and we are intending to have such traffic.

Please just the best fix

9 comments
If you website have high Bounce rate then you need to control this by providing the quality and attractive content to the users. This seems like that your website is optimized well for Search engine but not for users. You need to update your website content and provide some attractive content with Visual aids. This help you well to improve Bounce rate.

Have you already looked into your analytics and see what pages causes the bounce rate?
If not, then kindly look into to it first and analyze. Why do you think people tend to leave a certain page on your site without going to another page?
There might be some broken links or information that they not find valuable, or you just need to fix that page and update?

Hi ALL,

So directly getting to the question.

I bought this domain which was getting expired and started something entirely different from what the domain was used previously.
The problem is the domains has 37k backlinks, 122 domain referring to it, so I am getting a lot of traffic but it seems like useless to me as its causing 80% bounce rate may be people are not finding what they want.

So I want to know what should I do, should I just sit back and enjoy the traffic neglecting the bounce rate, or what can i do which will be beneficiary.

One more thing, will the website will have an negative impact in terms of Google search due to irrelevant traffic. Is there any way to indicate Google that the websites objective is changed and we are intending to have such traffic.

Please just the best fix

If the bounce rate is high, and also other indicators that users are not finding relevant content, the traffic will drop in time so you will loose it. If I were in this situation I would take advantage of this traffic and transform the site to be relevant for the incoming visitors. You can do anything, affiliate marketing, ecommerce, blog posts etc. I think this would be the best solution, you can find another domain for the new site.

Recently bought a seo vps & got more magnificent for me. just awesom. offshore seo vps doing this great. content may get traffic but you have to more active too. google is the best for finding me up & update my pare repeatedly.

You should review visitors search terms via analytics otherwise the impact would be cause worst PR among blacklisted Backlinks...
at first u shouldn't have to change core of ur web content that's was your Gold key, instead beating your head in making valubale content i would suggest you to compile previous data and re-post your new contents.

Hi ge0,

First I want to know for what purpose you purchase the domain, what is your goal? Did you purchase that high traffic domain to get revenue by displaying ads or you just purchase that domain to build link to your money website?

Another thing is, if after purchasing the domain if you change the topic or niche of the domain, what it was previously, then you will not get 100% SEO value to your new website and of-course bounce rate will also decrease. One of my recommendation is, you can rebuild the expired domain same as what it was before. To do so, go to archive.org and and taking design and content rebuild the website.

If the bounce rate keeps increasing, you will get poor google search index. You should focus on the content of website, what your visitors are looking for, check it out and work according to that.

you have a fortune man. there are many thing that you can do with it. Hire people to make content for you or treat the site as a backlinks source to your money site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back