Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandino

Recently,

We have had more and more customers asking us if we will ever provide semi dedicated hosting, since there are none or aren't that very good semi dedicated hosts out there already. (not sure which). So we have decided to hopefully start to provide this service very soon :)

So what is semi dedicated hosting, and why do people want it?

Well all it is really, is shared hosting with less crowded servers. Now not saying that all hosts overcrowd / overload their services (atleast we don't!). But with semi dedicated hosting, you are allowed to use more resources than most hosts allow. Now usually the average host allows 10% of resources to be used for a certain amount of time, whereas semi dedicated hosting that percentage may be doubled or even tripled.

Now why do people want this?

Well most people want semi dedicated hosting because in some cases it is cheaper than upgrading to a vps, but most of all because it is unmanagable. The client does not have to "learn" how to use it, since it is just like shared hosting. The client may like the host's services and not want to move (if they don't provide vps's).

So what am I asking here?

Well, I am asking, what would you want to see from a semi dedicated host?
Do you already have one? If so how is it?
Or, would you be interested in one? What sort of price would you want? What sort of packages?

We already have a set plan of what we will do, but we would just like to get an opinion from YOU ! :)

So please post, anything that I find irrelevant will be reported to the mods.

Thanks!

25 comments
Hello,
i have a semi-dedicated hosting but i´m not satisfied because i can´t use the rar/unrar function for rapidleech and so i want to change the hoster.
What i need:
- Private Using for rapidleech with rar/unrar function
- 10-20 GB Space
- min. 250 GB Bandwith
- Germany, Luxembourg or Netherland DC for good speed to rapidshare
- Budget: max. 20 $/month

Hello,
i have a semi-dedicated hosting but i´m not satisfied because it can´t use the rar/unrar function for rapidleech and so i want to change the hoster.
What i need:
- Private Using for rapidleech with rar/unrar function
- 10-20 GB Space
- min. 250 GB Bandwith
- Germany, Luxembourg or Netherland DC for good speed to rapidshare
- Budget: max. 20 $/month

Thanks for your post, but sorry we don't allow rapidleech or any of those types of scripts on any of our servers.

You need your own server for that.!

What I would look for is the guarantee that if I get a huge spike in traffic for some reason and my resource usage jumps up, I won't be suspended!

I'm just running a forum so it shouldn't use up much resources but sometimes a certain thread will get a ton of hits and cause a resource jump which has gotten me suspended from shared hosts before.

I think you should just contact the user and give them in depth details as to what was causing the overload and tell them that they have a certain period of time to fix it before they get suspended.

I also would like to see some of your servers on 1gbps so it's faster for me here in the USA :)

If you offered fair plans I would definitely upgrade when I need it.

What I would look for is the guarantee that if I get a huge spike in traffic for some reason and my resource usage jumps up, I won't be suspended!

I'm just running a forum so it shouldn't use up much resources but sometimes a certain thread will get a ton of hits and cause a resource jump which has gotten me suspended from shared hosts before.

I think you should just contact the user and give them in depth details as to what was causing the overload and tell them that they have a certain period of time to fix it before they get suspended.

I also would like to see some of your servers on 1gbps so it's faster for me here in the USA :)

If you offered fair plans I would definitely upgrade when I need it.

Thanks for your suggestions.
As we already do, we notify the client before we suspend their website. It is in rare cases that we have to suspend their websites for resource usage (or of course if the continue using CPU and ignore our warnings).

Semi Dedicated Hosting will be the same, but the odds of you getting suspended are probably even slimmer than shared hosting, but still could possibly happen.

As for 1gb/s that most likely won't happen anytime soon, but when we can we probably will upgrade to that!

If you are currently hosted with us, and you have a speed problem please let us know so we can see if there is anything we can do to speed up the connection.

I got WRZHost for my semi-dedi as you know. I love have the ease of use of a shared plan with the resources of a VPS.

As for plans site that require a semi-dedi should include plenty of bandwidth. With a minimum of 75gb for a basic plan.

My site is only a 2 star on Katz with an average of 2,800 unique visitors a day and i got through some 60+ bandwidth a month.

So if my site being this small uses that much I can only imagine a large site.

They should also come with a dedicated IP standard.

I got WRZHost for my semi-dedi as you know. I love have the ease of use of a shared plan with the resources of a VPS.

As for plans site that require a semi-dedi should include plenty of bandwidth. With a minimum of 75gb for a basic plan.

My site is only a 2 star on Katz with an average of 2,800 unique visitors a day and i got through some 60+ bandwidth a month.

So if my site being this small uses that much I can only imagine a large site.

They should also come with a dedicated IP standard.

And oh yeah, I forgot that wrzhost offers semi dedis.

Yes our plans will start off with BW around 50 - 150 GB, then just exceed from there.

Dedicated IP's will come with every plan.

Clients would also get some WHM access so they can control some more features themselves.

Also possible SSH Access, on request. (Maybe).

Prices probably starting at 19.95 + (or somewhere around there)

Best luck to you Sandin0 with your sales :)

Thanks, but i'm not selling anything yet haha

Still playing around with prices, but was thinking about something like this:

25GB Space
100GB BW

75GB Space
250GB BW

125GB Space
500GB BW

300GB Space
1.5TB BW

I would say throw in a 10gb space 75gb bw at $16.95

The rest of the prices seem high compared to wrzhost, but then again it should be based on how many accounts are on the server. Less people on server means more resources so that would be a fair reason to charge that much.

I would say throw in a 10gb space 75gb bw at $16.95

The rest of the prices seem high compared to wrzhost, but then again it should be based on how many accounts are on the server. Less people on server means more resources so that would be a fair reason to charge that much.

I'm not wrzhost, nor would I base my prices off another company.

They are "high", because they aren't "crappy" services like others provide.

Semi Dedi's are suppose to pretty much serve as vps's for clients, so in my opinion and others who helped me, the prices are fair. Plus add the offshore factor, and the fully managed services, ends up even being higher but the prices atm are fair, dunno if we'll keep them to change them around a bit.

Thank you for your opinion though, and of course since you were a customer before you would end up getting a discount :) [if you were interested in them]

How much BW do you use per month?
And what are you hosted on now?

Also, you would need ssh access on the server? (with us that may or may not be possible we are not sure yet)

Monthly Bandwidth Transfer 8152.57 / 650000 MB
SQL Databases 9 / ∞
Subdomains 3 / ∞
Ftp Accounts 7 / ∞
Addon Domains 3 / 35

Hosting package Advanced

With Alibabahost atm paying $30 pm

ssh access ia must for me to have.

I agree with Trueno, the plan is good and not high for me, if needed one for my site in the future :D

Sounds Great! :)

WOOT discounts. If the servers were on the same datacenter as your shared I would consider it.

Yep, we provide discounts for customers who come back and use our services :)
And of course! Same DC :)

Monthly Bandwidth Transfer 8152.57 / 650000 MB
SQL Databases 9 / ∞
Subdomains 3 / ∞
Ftp Accounts 7 / ∞
Addon Domains 3 / 35

Hosting package Advanced

With Alibabahost atm paying $30 pm

ssh access ia must for me to have.

We can certainly do that for you :)
Let me know if you are interested in purchasing one from us, and I'll put you on the waiting list :D

As for SSH we would probably allow that, as I said before.

Would Rapidleech be allowed in your semi-dedicated plans?

If yes, I might consider it once my forum grows...

As I stated Here:

Thanks for your post, but sorry we don't allow rapidleech or any of those types of scripts on any of our servers.

You need your own server for that.!

My365Host will never offer any services such as rapidleech or rs2rs nor allow them on our servers. (sorry!)

*edit*

k nick thanks

and use chrome ! i switched from FF :)

So we're thinking of bringing this out sometime in the next few weeks. Hopefully in April sometime :)

If you are interested, please let us know so we can put you on the waiting list, as we have a lot of people who are interested already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back