SecretBox v1.0.2 - Save your text/data Securely! - Your virtual Diary :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

l0calh0st

Hey, I'm back with this nice project :)

SecretBox - Save your text/data Securely! - Your virtual Diary :)

What's SecretBox?
SecretBox is a small virtual system that provides you a digital diary.
You can save your personal text/data 100% secure since SecretBox uses powerfull encryption and math techniques. The surprising feature is that you can only unlock this diary using a USB Flash Drive!

How does it works?
You need to find a good 4 digit PIN, like: 0000
If you want to login into your diary you need to login using this PIN, now if you want to read your "secret" personal text/data you need to insert your USB Flash Drive (That contains the SecretBox KEY file.) If you have the right USB you can unlock your diary and start reading/writing.

Screenshots:

[slide]http://wjsnap.com/0.69023712881863.png[/slide]

[slide]http://wjsnap.com/0.58101138340403.png[/slide]

Help me:
1. Install SecretBox and start it.
2. Now you will see a simple window with a login button. Click it and login with the following PIN: 0000 (This is only for the first time! after installation.)
3. Now you are at the diary main board, click the button in the right corner called "New KEY/PIN"
4. This action will change the PIN and will generate a KEY file for your USB,
Enter the standard PIN: 0000 then find a good PIN for YOURSELF and enter it, example: 1234 click OK.
THE PIN HAS BEEN CHANGED NOW AND A FILE CALLED "secretbox.key" HAS BEEN SAVED TO YOUR DESKTOP.
5. Copy the newly created file from your desktop to the root of your USB Flash Drive. (Copy secretbox.key to your USB.)
6. Now you can use the Unlock button, be sure you have inserted your USB Flash Drive.

Insert USB --> Click Unlock --> (Your USB will be validated) --> IF OK then your dashboard will be unlocked and you are ready to read/write!

For any question just reply below or PM me :D

Download (v1.0.2): http://xdc.xcoderz.net/file.php?id=30

How secure is SecretBox?
Code:
pin = TextFile.ReadToString("data\\pin.dat");
pin_dec = Crypto.BlowfishDecryptString(pin, "hardcodedpasswordhere");
key_enc = Crypto.BlowfishEncryptString("GENERATED_BY_SECRETBOX="..pin_dec.."thistooliscodedbyl0calh0st_"..pin_dec.."and_he_is_very"..pin_dec.."hotman!thankstoall"..pin_dec.."myfriends@wjunction.com_ilove"..pin_dec.."youguys,alsodon'tforgettocheckoutxcoderz.net"..pin_dec.."l0calh0st_tamer", "sCrypt Technology coded password here(secret, not opensource ;p)", 0);
key_final = "GENERATED_BY_SECRETBOX="..key_enc.."=CODED_BY_L0CALH0ST"
if key_final == key then
--result = Dialog.Message("Notice", "WORKING!", MB_OK, MB_ICONINFORMATION, MB_DEFBUTTON1);
Button.SetVisible("Button1", false);
Button.SetVisible("Button4", true);
Button.SetEnabled("Button2", true);
Button.SetEnabled("Button3", true);
Label.SetVisible("Label1", false);
else
result = Dialog.Message("SecretBox", "Authorization Failed!", MB_OK, MB_ICONSTOP, MB_DEFBUTTON1);
end
It doesnt just use Base64/Blowfish encryption, but it also uses my personal developed Encryption Technology called sCrypt, a mixture of xTea, xTea32, MD5, SHA-1, CRC, CDC.
:D

24 comments
Wow really nice. Can i suggest one thing? Instead of having the password limited to 4 digits. How about more than 4 digits and include some letters too?

Amazing software localhost! ;) as always. :) This is going to be quite useful.

Btw I tried adding a 5 key pin and it worked :D so I guess there's no character limit on the pin. >.>

Thanks all!

@Amz+ACE, yes I see now longer PIN's are supported since I changed this:

Code:
name = Dialog.MaskedInput("SecretBox", "Your SB PIN:", "####", "", MB_ICONQUESTION, " ");
with this:
Code:
name = Dialog.Input("SecretBox", "Your SB PIN:", "", MB_ICONQUESTION);
Dialog.MaskedInput changed standard input text to masked bullets.

and "####" defines how much digits are allowed, so now there is no limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back