SceneReleases changed to Scenepeer

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 comments
Even though I never heard about "SceneReleases", I think that "SceneReleases" is way better than "ScenePeer". Bad decision made by the site owner. But it makes no difference to him, as the site will have the same popularity, if people need content from it, they'll still visit it, even if the domain was "siteforfags.com".

Jason, i totally agree.. that would be like if google changed there name.. everyone would still use it as it is a popular site..
But yeah, i also think the name is a bit shit compared to SceneReleases

The name and skin of the new site both fail in comparison to the old scenereleases.info :/

Doesn't make much sense to me. They basically had a downgrade.

I think it looks like they could have being forced into it. I've being seeing or informed of quiet a few sites forced into domain name changes due to the large amount of domain name seizures. Now I'm not saying they were forced to or under legal pressure but it does look like it.

demonoid.com => demonoid.me
rapidforum.org => rapid.org => bolt.org => bolt.cd

etc.

It's the latest craze if your a big site to move from the [dot]com, info etc

Suggestions here http://torrentfreak.com/how-to-stop-domain-names-being-seized-by-the-us-government-110205/

EDIT: shit I have to recode my lecher bot :(

Yes we were forced to change the domain, eu for legal reasons yes, and also we don't own scenereleases.info.
I personally really like the new theme, but I know others won't, I've tried to get a good theme switcher plugin for wordpress but they all suck, accepting tips on that.

Greets,
sta1ns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back