Status
Not open for further replies.

tampaba1

As most of you know, the net is full of scams.I think it would be helpful if there was a scammer section to warn unsuspecting members.

11 comments
If, as you said is true, then it's not doing the community any good. This is suppose to be a webmaster's forum and a place to report scams seems to be a natural fit.

If you feel someone is a scammer, just report the person with any sort of proof and i'm sure we shall look into it and take any action which is needed.

If, as you said is true, then it's not doing the community any good. This is suppose to be a webmaster's forum and a place to report scams seems to be a natural fit.

How do we know your not a scammer ? This is a suppose to be a webmaster's forum ? Then explain why you are here ? stfu -.-

How do we know your not a scammer ? This is a suppose to be a webmaster's forum ? Then explain why you are here ? stfu -.-
Because this IS suppose to be a webmaster forum. If expressing my opinion bothers you then maybe you need to ask yourself why YOU are here.

Whenever we find out that someone is scammer, and we confirm informations we find, we close the thread, and ban the person, while making statement for his ban in his thread.

A scam section is not necessary trust me. The staff here takes every precaution at protecting their members from fraud. I know this first hand.

By creating a "scammer" section you would be basically tipping off the actual scammer that he has been discovered. Then it would be much easier for him to disguise his identity.

Sorry, but this idea is just not a good one.

There are plenty of preventive measures taken by the staff, as well as modifications available to them to protect people from committing fraud and scamming people. Obviously it's not a 100% proof thing, but they are doing the best that they can and adding a specific section dedicated to this will not help in a positive way.

I dont think its necessary to have a section dedicated to that, the staff do a fairly good job, and most people, the regulars here, know how to scope out who the scammers are anyway. As for your argument "it is a webmasters forum" so is DP and even they dont have a forum dedicated to who the scammers are

Here is a great thing and the best from WJunction.
They truly look out for scammers and do ban them if they find out he/she is guilty.

A dedicated section for scammers? I really don't find the importance of having it in a webmaster forum. Why would you want to show them in the limelight ? They are scammers and need to be dealt in a different way.

But, if you are talking about precautions, perhaps you didn't come across this thread:
http://www.wjunction.com/10-hosting-discussion/82280-web-hosting-scam-database.html

We try our best to update it as frequently as possible.

Thank you for your suggestion but we have a resolution centre which can be used to resolve issues (between a seller/buyer). If the outcome is resulted as a "scam", we permanently ban the user and would post in their marketplace thread that s/he is a scammer. Or, if it's private purchase and you get scammed, then we could have a thread with the details of the scammer (email, paypal email address etc or whatever details they used to scam you). We do this for the hosting businesses but we don't have one for private sales. Maybe, we could introduce it for private sales on WJunction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back