sBorg.us - Install Tickets at $7.50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you read the last msg here? sBorg seems to be dead! The admin doesnt reply to anyone... At all it sounds like a big scam! I Paid for an install ticket and I werent ever able to using it because of the non skilled admin!

non skilled? did you ever used sborg?

Last edited:
No i couldnt, because [STRIKE]he didnt pay the bills and the servers got shut down[/STRIKE] their provider cancelt the servers ;)

No i couldnt, because [STRIKE]he didnt pay the bills and the servers got shut down[/STRIKE] their provider cancelt the servers ;)

so i think its better to not speak about something u dont know. no offence meant, but here u r being portrayed as the bigger fool. it would be a disaster (at least for me) if sborg were to die. wakeup somik, v miss sborg, seriously :(

Spoke to Somik - he's fixing the licensing server script.

Also, he's trying to find a server that could handle DDoS attacks - as every sBorg invocation (even if you open sBorg page) is a separate call to the licensing server.

Emilie, the bill overshot and we were being asked to pay a huge amount (over $2K) + we were not provided any backup (the hard disk was formatted without any notification) .. I would consider that as bad customer care skills. At least I'm here to reply back to the issues - will make an announcement if things don't look good and also provide refund.

Spoke to Somik - he's fixing the licensing server script.

Also, he's trying to find a server that could handle DDoS attacks - as every sBorg invocation (even if you open sBorg page) is a separate call to the licensing server.

Emilie, the bill overshot and we were being asked to pay a huge amount (over $2K) + we were not provided any backup (the hard disk was formatted without any notification) .. I would consider that as bad customer care skills. At least I'm here to reply back to the issues - will make an announcement if things don't look good and also provide refund.

Thank you for the update.
Have you considered putting the licence server behind cloudflare to help mitigate the DDoS problem?

That won't help, but instead it would cause more trouble!

When anyone opens sBorg, a request is sent to the licensing server and a success/failure response is sent back. When many people open many sBorgs - this request/response scenario builds up so many calls to the licensing server, that it looks like a DDoS attack!

So any server provider who would be willing to handle a bit extra load would be great!

That is bad design :( you will need a fairly powerful server for this, especially if you have sold a lot of licences. Check out fdcservers they have good deals on bandwidth/hardware.

We also had to include an update option - so hitting the licensing server is important :)

I've looked into a lot of possibilities, but never got time to try implementing them! I'll check out fdcservers, thanks for your suggestion!

If he is going to be busy to even accept help in the future also then he should probably call it and move sborg to open source or sell entire operation to some one else.

Because sborg is too good to abandon just like that.

Last edited:
If he is going to be busy to even accept help in the future also then he should probably call it and move sborg to open source or sell entire operation to some one else.

Because sborg is too good to abandon just like that.
I agree, if he do not want to work with this, then he should sell it, maybe you Halcyon could propose that to him. The worst situation is that service is not working, and to much time is not working already!

i agree with the above opinions without a second thought. sborg is too good to b lying useless. if somik does not wish to continue he should just make it opensource or (yes) sell it to someone like Halycon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back