Status
Not open for further replies.
good work guys.

interesting development. But like oboom your website don't work on IE8 its showing an gray page.

Yes that's true. And for the main part of safebyte, it won't change.
The system requires a lot of features which aren't available at our beloved six years old internet explorer.

However, we're planing on building a very basic version of safebyte - including the main features to serve even the worst browsers of your users out there.
This might take a few more months though... As always, stay tuned!

I'm going to be an affiliate when the program will start.. My user it's hoster80 . Pls upgrade my account

Regards

Done, have fun using safebyte!
The affiliate program is already active. Just not officially introduced yet.
You can find it at System/Apps/Services/Invitations

Thanks, with this link its works now i can access the site :)

So should i need to lock system every time while quit the browser ?
Funny story: the bug you were mentioning was pretty old and almost impossible to fix. Anyways, our developers fixed it yesterday night.
Wonderful what crazy ideas can rise from a few beers! Please let me know if it should ever occur again. (I don't think so)

safebyte has two security measures:
- The "lock" that is automatcally triggered after 30 minutes of inactivity (denies any action done with your account, unless you enter your password again).
- The "shutdown" that wipes your localStorage (that's something like a cookie) and therefore all information stored about your files on the computer you're currently signed in.

So no. You don't always need to lock your account as is happens completly automatically.

But you should use the "shutdown" when you leave safebyte on a public computer. It's a double click on the lock..

Hope it helped!

Regards,
Niko

PS: the Link Manager is almost done!

linkmanager_icon.jpg

As promised, the safebyte Link Manager is now ready to use.

How to get it?
If you're already a safebyte user, reboot safebyte first.
Go to System / Links and run the App Link Manager

Why a Link Manager?
safebyte is designed to look & feel like a desktop, not just like the usual linklist.
However, we don't want anybody to miss a feature they're used to, so we decided
to add these functionalities to an seperate app.

What is it?
The Link Manager helps you by providing a sort- & searchable list of all your uploads.
Automatically creat & export multiple links at the same time.

It provides extended statistic from your existing links - see which of your files perform
best in terms of views & imports.

And most importantly, export your file links as URLs, HTML-Links & BB-Code!

linkmanager_mockup.jpg

Let me know if you need another export syntax.

Hope you like it!

Regards,
Niko

Last edited:
Everything looks fine from our point of view. Could you elaborate the login problems a little further?

What browser/OS are you using?
What error(s) are you receiving?

Looking forward to your reply!
Niko

Hello everybody!

We did some pretty interessting changes to our layout & concept.
Here's a quick overview:

Traffic

Traffic is no longer required to download files. We decided to get rid of the whole recharging traffic concept
and allow free user to download any file. This means there is no longer an issue with downloading files
larger than 500mb. Free users are now able to download files up to 50 gigabyte and more.

Download speed

Download speed for free users is limited, but can be extended for free, using your reputation points
(earned while using safebyte). Even without extending the download speed, we're offering faster free-
downloads than most of our competitors.

Layout

We've rearranged the layout. It's still as easy to use as before but less confusing to understand for
new users. The old layout is still available to use, simply drag the sidebar to your right.

New themes are also available!

Logo

safebyte introduced a logo. It's based on an infinity-symbol (∞).

Do you like it?

Sharing files

...is now easier & more beatiful. We'd like to thank everybody contibuting to our new
tour on how to get imported files. It's automatically displayed after a new user downloads
a file from you. No more confused users :)

Let me know if you need to have an account upgrade.

https://www.safebyte.com

nice interface i like it !

how i activate affiliate account? i must invite someone who register under muy link to have affiliate activated?

edit: so ppl have to register to download files from safebyte?

Last edited:
give me an upgrade
my user is "redhell"

Done!

nice interface i like it !

how i activate affiliate account? i must invite someone who register under muy link to have affiliate activated?
Thanks! To use the affiliate program, simply go to System/Apps/Services/Invitations.

edit: so ppl have to register to download files from safebyte?
People have to provide a name to access the files, nothing more. No email, no password, simply a (nick)name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back