Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all: We've introduced the Active file space: 50 GB for everybody.
It works as expected - files will be stored until they become inactive.
Learn more about it, by browsing to your Account-App inside System/Apps/Services/Account -> Space.
To avoid the expiration of inactive files, become a Pro member. Feel free to request an upgrade of your account in this thread!

Furthermore, a video about our remote upload as requested. Have fun and watch in HD!

[video=youtube;XnOoTl8_CTs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnOoTl8_CTs?vq=hd720&hd=1[/video]

Watch on YouTube.com
More information & videos soon!

Last edited:
We've upgraded the accounts of gooload & elle291.
6k1ng, please tell me your username on safebyte in order to upgrade your account!

I see the storing space is 500MB not 50GB?

500 MB (extendable for free, click here) are your reserved space.
safebyte will never delete any files, covered up by your available space.

However, we've decided to introduce the "Swap / Active file space" (as known from our competitors).
That means you're able to exceed the space reserved for you by 50 GB:

space.png

As said before: to avoid this, order Pro or ask me to receive a free Pro account :)

Regards,
Niko

Cool. Thanks!

Holy shit, awesome rates!

Can I get premium? User tabrzzz

Edit: After 100MB uploaded, upload just stopped :facepalm:

Last edited:
We currently have no limitations on the download-speed at all.
Free users need to have at least the same amount of traffic available, as the requested file's size.

The available traffic is constantly growing over time and can be increased by completing a few tasks (free).

As mentioned by Mr. Ray, the Invitations-App (affiliate program) is located at System / Apps / Services / Invitations.
It can be also accessed by clicking on your name (sidebar) followed by a click on "Invites".
We will introduce it within the next few days. It is already active.

Links can be created by selecting one - or more element/s (file, folder, app...).
Simply drag the selection to the sidebar and drop it on "Create Link".
To edit / view your links, go to System / Links

There will be a Link Manager to mass create/edit/export links soon.

Anur, does your problem still occur? Can you tell me what browser you've used?
Also, I've upgraded your account!

Last edited:
Mate, nope... problem was on my side, everything works perfectly :)

But I have to hope all the above won't be too confusing for my users. I mean, I love the design methodology you've going on, but I'm not so sure about them.

So, to clarify, when a user downloads a file <500MB at one time, and then comes back to download another, he/she has to do some tasks or buy, or what?
I mean, to stay within 500MB? Because, prior to being Pro, I was able to "over"-upload my 500MB (it just started to show bigger aggregate amount on the top of the 500).

Thanks so much for Pro, though :) I'm really enjoying this so far, no other site as Web upload as smooth as yours.

Last edited:
Good to hear that anurr!

It's actually pretty easy and won't confuse your users at all - maybe my description was a little unclear.
Here's a video of how your users see safebyte when clicking on one of your links:

[video=youtube;H-B4J_-SpYU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-B4J_-SpYU[/video]

Watch on YouTube and try it yourself

They are able to open most files directly:
- Videos (native video + VLC plugin for playing almost every video imagineable)
- Images
- Text
- PDF
- Music
- Apps
(I don't think there is another service supporting that many file-extensions!)

Of course every file is also downloadable. And zippable. ;)

So, to clarify, when a user downloads a file <500MB at one time, and then comes back to download another, he/she has to do some tasks or buy, or what?
I mean, to stay within 500MB? Because, prior to being Pro, I was able to "over"-upload my 500MB (it just started to show bigger aggregate amount on the top of the 500).

When a user downloads a file < 500mb and tries to request another one, the following dialog will be shown:

notenoughtraffic.png

The user can now either buy a pro membership (you'll get credited for the order), wait,
or extend his account (for example decrease the time needed to recharge the traffic) by
using the points earned by http://www.safebyte.com/rewards (free of charge).

Regarding the "overupload": Free user are able to store up to 50 GB.
You can learn more about the active file space by clicking on the space-bar (inside your sidebar)
or by reading a into this thread, I've elaborated it in a previous posts.

Hope it helped to clarify!

Regards,
Niko

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back