Romanian ISP to roll out $18 a Month Gigabit Fiber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are to much hosting companies, and isn't so simple... I don't know anything about hosting, and if i want to make somethign i make something great. I am sorry for enter too much in subject.

@vlkhtr007, in what the world are you living? really.... You said just the time, ohh it's easy like breathing. You need not just time, you need patience, hard training, experience, somewhere to practice your skills and improuve them. If it were so easy i could be the best coder in the world or in 2-3th place. You talk without to thinking. If you don't know please don't speak. And if is so easy for you, what do you work now? are you the best coder and you working for google or adobe?

I know people from Balcan have hard temper, but this is just a forum and discussion, no need to put so much emotions. At the end of the day, whatever others have to say on subject of Romania, that won't change reality, therefore, there's no need to argue about that matter at all.

But think of this. For 18$ a month on 1 gig fiber line, you could open simple hosting in your own house.

yeh there is alot of potential in that 1GB/s fiber ......... although i read outbound speed to international server is Capped at 100mb/s while upload is capped at 30mb/s . is this correct ?

@vlkhtr007, in what the world are you living? really.... You said just the time, ohh it's easy like breathing. You need not just time, you need patience, hard training, experience, somewhere to practice your skills and improuve them. If it were so easy i could be the best coder in the world or in 2-3th place. You talk without to thinking. If you don't know please don't speak. And if is so easy for you, what do you work now? are you the best coder and you working for google or adobe?

i have read alot of articles about Romania post-dictatorship stat and what Emilascovici says is mostly true. Net is fast there, but Net price/income ratio is damn bad !!! incomes are really low, the unemployment has been sky high for years. Maffia rampage is everywhere which deal with human Trafficing , the Gov's political corruption in Romania has been well known throughout the world and many other things went really to hell after dictatorship fall ! their economy pretty much fell apart as well !

Cheap internet wont make a country paradise !

I've read alot of articles and searched into details on the salary jobs for different industries, and Emilascovici isn't telling the truth. He is one of those people throughout the world that has the mentality that if your not from a place you can't research in depth about it.

If you make money online a country with low expenses and fast internet is going to be one of the best countries to live in. With speeds of 30Mbps up you can earn much faster as your able to do alot more things, and with savings of at least $500 you can build up a savings account faster or use it to scale up much more.

The average salary is around $650 a month in Romania not $150, $150 would be under the minimum salary of around $243/month.

I don't see why your complaining so much about average salaries, you have a computer and internet access you have the ability to learn a skill that can make you money no matter where in world you live.
$650 in your dream or just in Bucuresti, in north of country is around of $250, so please speak for yourself not for rest of people.
But do not turn this topic into an SPAM by politic, money and other shits, living here in Romania and is a beautiful country with some dark side but every country have this parts.

So I like RDS because them start the new age into home network connection and soon other ISP will follow them
to have no losses of customers, and after my prediction in 3 years 90% of Romanian ISP will have gigabit connection plans in portofolio.

My home network connection is 55Mbps UP/DL and I hope asap my provider to make some upgrades for gigabit.

Bro, where are you from? Why you wrote that stupids if you don't know?? :facepalm: Try live on Balkan few months.. Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro.. Romania..

In Croatia average salary is about 800$, but 80% people work for around 300-400$, and mostly on black market. 4mbit flat cost 45$/month, monthly rent is about 250-300$ (cheapest in some shitty flat), you need to eat something.. If you don't work few jobs or you don't have 700$ salary, you will collect bottles from garbage and get 10 cents for it.

Hi,
I am Romanian but live in Spain for 6 years.
Here in Spain even if i pay 3000 euros a month I could not get that speed internet. In particular upload. The highest speed here "at home" is 100 MB download and 3Mb Upload and costs 60 euro per month. This speed can be contracted only in major cities such as Madrid, Barcelona.
So when you have access to such a speed and this money, say thank you.

Are to much hosting companies, and isn't so simple... I don't know anything about hosting, and if i want to make somethign i make something great. I am sorry for enter too much in subject.

First of all, no one is going to "feed you", you have to WORK FOR IT. By WORK I don't mean fucking upload 24x7.

Hosting idea is a great one and you bitch how you can't do that because you don't know anything about hosting, well then, LEARN!

What do you expect from the world in 2013? To give you $3000 per month for spelling alphabet or signing karaoke?

Don't have the money? Learn in school, be the best, get in college, be the best and finish it, then get a job. If you don't have the money and the balls then do it. Don't want to? Well then, I have bad news for you.

Some of you need to wake up, it doesn't matter where you live, you have the damn computer and internet, that's all you need to start making money but no, many of you choose the path of "simple" or "fast cash", it doesn't work like that and you will always end up putting your failure on someone else.

My parents were poor, they couldn't afford to buy me a car, or a bike or a house or anything while I was a teenager. I earned everything myself by working my ass of 24x7. No one was there to help me or guideline me.

That's the reality, deal with it. People don't give a shit about you, you'll either make it on your own or be miserable for rest of your life.

Drop that pussy attitude and start working on yourself, I recommend watching Elliott Hulse, great guy and he doesn't cuddle life. He will give it to you raw and real.

Last edited:
I understand this, but not 100% because i am yet a teen (17 years), and i think it's normally to don't understand the world truly, i started to make money on internet from 1 year ago but i didn't earn something, now i am learning how works the world, and i can't be reach and i don't want to be... i want to have about 1000$ per month and to have a familly, and to be away from evil people. And thank you for reply, i will try to be a great designer, and i will help anyone will request to me. Thank you very much again for reply and good luck with your projects and your future!

First of all, no one is going to "feed you", you have to WORK FOR IT. By WORK I don't mean fucking upload 24x7.

Hosting idea is a great one and you bitch how you can't do that because you don't know anything about hosting, well then, LEARN!

What do you expect from the world in 2013? To give you $3000 per month for spelling alphabet or signing karaoke?

Don't have the money? Learn in school, be the best, get in college, be the best and finish it, then get a job. If you don't have the money and the balls then do it. Don't want to? Well then, I have bad news for you.

Some of you need to wake up, it doesn't matter where you live, you have the damn computer and internet, that's all you need to start making money but no, many of you choose the path of "simple" or "fast cash", it doesn't work like that and you will always end up putting your failure on someone else.

My parents were poor, they couldn't afford to buy me a car, or a bike or a house or anything while I was a teenager. I earned everything myself by working my ass of 24x7. No one was there to help me or guideline me.

That's the reality, deal with it. People don't give a shit about you, you'll either make it on your own or be miserable for rest of your life.

Drop that pussy attitude and start working on yourself, I recommend watching Elliott Hulse, great guy and he doesn't cuddle life. He will give it to you raw and real.

I really do not get the attitude so many people have, if someone has a computer and internet service they are so much better off in Romania than someone is from the USA, not only can they do about 7.5 times more work due to the increased upload speed they can put $500 to $600 more a month into savings than someone needing to make the bare minimum to live in the USA.

I understand this, but not 100% because i am yet a teen (17 years), and i think it's normally to don't understand the world truly, i started to make money on internet from 1 year ago but i didn't earn something, now i am learning how works the world, and i can't be reach and i don't want to be... i want to have about 1000$ per month and to have a familly, and to be away from evil people. And thank you for reply, i will try to be a great designer, and i will help anyone will request to me. Thank you very much again for reply and good luck with your projects and your future!

I started the same age as you did, early high-school. I'm in my mid 20s now and I never looked back.

While you are there partying, drinking or playing games someone out there is working hard, someone is getting smarter and someone is winning, just remember that. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

I really do not get the attitude so many people have, if someone has a computer and internet service they are so much better off in Romania than someone is from the USA, not only can they do about 7.5 times more work due to the increased upload speed they can put $500 to $600 more a month into savings than someone needing to make the bare minimum to live in the USA.

Exactly! The poorer your country is, the better (oh the irony). So I don't still see why are foreigners complaining.

Everything is cheaper. If your country is that poor with $2000 per month you will live very comfortable life. You can't say same for the people in the US with the same amount though.

this is a f.cking oftopic,but i need to tell you few things.

Mate you dont understand his problem.He living in a f... third world countrie (romania is in europe,but...),where you can fuck your knowledge,because everything is filled out with corruption.

He just want money for his work,where is the fault here? (just something better than 1- 1.5$/hour)

no comment...just try live one-two months in this area,and you will kill yourself,when you getting your 250$ salary for 250hours of hard work.That is enough to pay your monthly bills,nothing more!Imagine how would you feel,when you cant feed your own child,just because someone paying nuts for your hard work.ehh?

Im in the same both,but again i need to tell you,that is not that simple.I have worked very hard in the last 10 years (real life job 9hours/day for 1.5$/hour,internet related jobs,dealing weed etc.)
After 10 years of hard work,i have nothing to show you (im the owner of one 500$ worth car)...if i want a normal living ,than i need to say "Good bye my mother land" this is why Email also disappointed and angry...

now,are you understand what is the real problem?

Last edited:
Smith the salaries are 200$ per month and prices for food are the same :| . This is the problem.

The Salaries are a minimum of $240 a month, but those are only for non skilled jobs, if you have a in demand skill you can get a starting salary of $600 a month and within several years you would be making around $2000 a month.

blkhtr007 - this numbers are not covering the truth...just read the post made by Cvrle.

Half of the peoples working in black market for less than 240$/month.This peoples have no health insurance and will never get a pension.
This is the biggest problem,which cause all the other problems.
For example our country got a deficit of 20% for the last year,this info was released officially.shortly after this ,the truth comes out.The real deficit of our country is about 60%....pffff
You can see another false number in unemployed peoples tracking,officially our country has about 30% unemployed peoples.Which is very high,but this number is false.Our country have about 50% unemployed peoples,but the operator who tracking this things provide false numbers.They kicking of unemployed peoples from the database ,just to make the number around 30%.
and so on....this is the reason ,why someone who not living in this area,can not understand the situation.

Thank you, finally someone understood me. And for our country to buy car when you became an adult it's a luxury, or house or other things, i have a bike bought 6 years ago and look like it's new, why? becase i don't have money for new one and i must to take care of it. And yes, i can be a designer, coder, etc. but the rest of people? i don't wanna be selfish and to care just about me. My father it's in other country to work for us and he it's away from 7-8 years ago, because here with 200$ per month my brother couldn't go to college. You don't know how is to be like a piece of shit, and our leaders to lie you and you can't do anything just to stay or go.

LMAO, dude politicians lie in every single country. Why do you need to rely on them for anything in live?

Stop worrying about the non skilled salary,and take advantage of the positives of Romania since you already have computer and internet access.

LMAO, dude politicians lie in every single country. Why do you need to rely on them for anything in live?

Stop worrying about the non skilled salary,and take advantage of the positives of Romania since you already have computer and internet access.

It is you who started claiming what is average salary in Romania, published by politicians, and now you want to swap the tables?
He's just trying to show you that life there is everything but peechy. It's a struggle for most of the people living there. I wonder if you guys say the same thing to people in Africa: oh shit dude, why are you starving, why don't you just get on the internet and make money?

Internet being 18$ for gigabit line only gives a chance for those who already have enough money to survive without it. Also, working on internet is a process, looooong process of learning first, and then applying that knowledge. It starts with learning english language, specific internet terms that aren't thought in regular schooling, finding online friends, who would be willing to help. Learning how to properly google what you need. etc etc. For you who already know how to make money, it's easy. For someone who have to start from absolute 0, it would be easier to climb Mount Everest, yeah, it would. Or learn how to be a plumber.

Not sure if you're trolling, or you have no empathy and understanding.

If you actually look at the salaries that adults from Romania that have an in demand skill are reporting than you would know that kids on here are not telling the truth.

If Romania was so bad than how do so many people have computers and smartphones there?

Again you and salaries in Romania. Do you live in Romania to have first-hand info, or anywhere near Romania? Well, I do, and I know what I'm talking about.

Recycled computers offer hope to Romania's needy | NDTV Gadgets

Now, read this part:

In Romania, one of the EU's poorest countries, hope to many has come in the form of a computer recycling program that is helping jobless adults and disadvantaged Roma youth beat the odds.

Europe exported their garbage to Romania, to get rid of toxic waste, which they would have to pay, if they were to dump it in their country, so instead, they exported it to Romania, letting them deal with it, and even taking money for it.

blkhtr007 , here if you are poor, you are poor like hell, if you are rich you have factories,etc. Iphones,etc. Here isn't a balance between poors and reaches, just reaches and poor, and if you want to be reach or minimum with 1000$ per month your family must to have money to pay your school and college,etc. It's too easy to you to say this. I won't want to continue this off topic on this thread. I want to start a youtube channel and draw cartoons, i don't have any talent and i don't have necesary equipments for drawing, with mouse i am draw just stupid stick man, i don't have touch screen tablet or touchpad for drawing which cost 150$, i will saves some money from my pocket money and i will buy myself, and maybe next year i will have all money for that. But i preffer to be poor than reach and evil guy. Thanks everybody for reaplies and i am sorry again for off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back