Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Ultra

This site is using a wordpress theme designed by myself, which has 9gag & damnlol & imgur styles integrated.

It's an image based website aiming to let users have fun when viewing the images.

Please help review the site (including the wordpress theme itself) and also give advice on how to get better performance.

I can give a review version of the theme to someone who leaves serious feedback.

Thanks in advance.

20 comments
Theme is quite good.

I have few suggestions if you can integrate:

You should get the POPUP box for sign in and signup link which you place on top.

and If you're good with ajax try ajax loading when switching to different tabs.

Theme is quite good.

You should get the POPUP box for sign in and signup link which you place on top.

thanks for your reply.
There was popup for signin/signout in previous version while I removed it as there is some compatibility issue I cannot fix.
And i am not so good at ajax:fly: Before I had a theme with perfect ajax effect but the users always had different problems. That's also a reason that why I don't put much ajax in this theme.

Theme is quite good.

thanks for your reply.
There was popup for signin/signout in previous version while I removed it as there is some compatibility issue I cannot fix.
And i am not so good at ajax:fly: Before I had a theme with perfect ajax effect but the users always had different problems. That's also a reason that why I don't put much ajax in this theme.

Loading time is too much :/

Really love it. Its great, fast and simple but with all the features needed at the same time.
Everyone can see it working here:

Code:
www.funnyornot.pw

Is it possible to remove the left sidebar?
Also it seems facebook like windows on top of a picture and on the right sidebar do not open fully.

Last edited:
It seems you are using a custom background that not best matched the color layouts:cough:
Of course you can remove the left sidebar with a little modification.

I will PM you when I get back to my own laptop.

Really love it. Its great, fast and simple but with all the features needed at the same time.

Code:
www.funnyornot.pw

Also it seems facebook like windows on top of a picture and on the right sidebar do not open fully.

PM sent
It seems you are using a custom background that not best matched the color layouts:cough:
Of course you can remove the left sidebar with a little modification.

I will PM you when I get back to my own laptop.

Code:
www.funnyornot.pw

Last edited:
good at all

Header is taking a log of space - the is grey like, then there is black line and than again some grey line with smiley face. I would put your content as soon as possible to top. I would remove that 728 wide ad unit. Btw. where the ads are? No ads displayed in Slovakia.

Thanks for your review.
Actually there is no active ad in this site. they are all just placeholders so you cannot see any real ads.

For the top ad unit, if you don't enter any codes in the backend, there will be no anything showing when viewing the site.
I am just putting a placeholder to let users know that if they wish they can also place an ad there.

As you mentioned the top is taking a lot of space, I will try to optimize it in next couple of days.

Thanks again

Header is taking a log of space - the is grey like, then there is black line and than again some grey line with smiley face. I would put your content as soon as possible to top. I would remove that 728 wide ad unit. Btw. where the ads are? No ads displayed in Slovakia.

I'd also like to give you a copy of review version. Which mode would you prefer?

@ibadullah I'd also like to give you a copy of review version. Which mode would you prefer?

Last edited:
Here is my review on all the modes -

1. 9Pap/Vine Mode

I am starting off with this as I find this one the most attractive or most perfectly done version. A thing that I would love to see a change on would be a submit button under this area -

Droplr ? Screenshot on 9.30.2013 at 4.57.56 PM.png

Just to look out for.. The videos don't seem to play in the content area. Here is a preview of what's happening so far (in the content area) -

Droplr ? Screenshot on 9.30.2013 at 5.00.23 PM.png

The comments area can be either a FB comments or a disqus platform, this also helps in SEO.

One more change I would love to see is an AJAX based "next image" usage. This could take the script onto a very next level as users wouldn't have to keep on loading the next page rather just the content area gets updated.

2. 9Gag Mode

TBH, the theme is very simple and the loading posts thing done is a little odd looking according to me as.. being an user I would love to see new posts by clicking on a button or something (which can be placed towards the end of the page. That is perhaps here -

Droplr ? Screenshot on 9.30.2013 at 5.07.07 PM.png

I really like the "submit fun" button that you have included along with the goto top button. :)

3. Imgur Mode

This is a very impressive thing that you have done again. Personally again.. I would love the images to open up in a lightbox manner rather than the a new image page. The concept of automatically loading new posts can again be changed to the button based request format like I have already suggested about the previous mode or you can apply an automatic page update bring all the new images to the top after a certain time period.

4. DamnLOL Mode

This has already become such a common outlook but the current one looks a little broken to me. I would suggest to remove the right sidebar and put up all its content toward the left or on top of the content area. For an instance, the submit button can be above the content area. Browse more too can be placed inside the content area above all the images. The related posts and search button can be moved to the left. That way the images have a more diverse look according to me.

Overall - Very well done theme, I appreciate your hardwork back of this and would love to test out all the 4 versions as I am really interested to have a site based on this concept.

Thank you & well done again. ;)

Really appreciate your thorough review. It helps me a lot and I am sure I'll consider to take your valuable advice to my to-do list.

Check your PM please.

Also who else is interested in this theme pls visit Hot Clone Themes | Directory of the best commercial WordPress clone themes & apps of the most popular websites. Use dp40 will get your cart 40% off. Offer only lasts for one week, ends Oct 7th.

Here is my review on all the modes -

Overall - Very well done theme, I appreciate your hardwork back of this and would love to test out all the 4 versions as I am really interested to have a site based on this concept.

Thank you & well done again. ;)

All of them are great. I plan to use 1 or 2 of the other themes on other funny projects.
Anyone can see lol theme here:
Code:
[URL="http://www.funnyornot.pw"]www.funnyornot.pw[/URL]

The update to LoL is impressive.
I only have one problem, that with new version Infinite Scroll for LoL is not working, and its enabled.

Update:
It does not work on homepage like old version. Works on archives.

Last edited:
Hi SoundLover,

Thanks for your update.

Since v1.3, the homepage of LOL mode was changed to display only one post(just like damnlol.com ) so you'll find the infinite Scroll is not working any more.

You prefer to show a list of posts instead of only one?

All of them are great. I plan to use 1 or 2 of the other themes on other funny projects.
Anyone can see lol theme here:
Code:
[URL="http://www.funnyornot.pw"]www.funnyornot.pw[/URL]

The update to LoL is impressive.
I only have one problem, that with new version Infinite Scroll for LoL is not working, and its enabled.

Update:
It does not work on homepage like old version. Works on archives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back