Review: Selfsignedcertificategenerator.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeben

Hello,

I've started working on an online self signed ssl certificate generator, as all the ones I've found are not that great (for example, recently I needed to quickly create a dummy certificate with multiple SAN entries to use on a development environment, and I couldn't find any free and fast tool online to do that). My wife and I are going to spend a little bit of time on it when we can.

Our aim is to create something quite customizable (for example: choice of encryption algorithm, key length, certificate start date/end date, certificate password, certificate file format, etc...)

The site is currently in its first version and is quite basic (creates a .pfx self signed certificate for a given domain name; I've added certificate password and start date/end date recently).

What are the functionalities that you would like to see added first for such a tool ?

Self Signed Certificate Generator

Thanks in advance !

Cheers,

Jonathan

Last edited:
2 comments
Hello,

Thanks for your reply. This was caused by some kind of bug in IIS... There's no way to fix that bug so I've modified the code so that it generates the certificate using another method.

It seems to be more stable now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back