Status
Not open for further replies.

bubawuba

header.jpg

http://ImageZilla.net

We've been running strong for 10 months now on our own custom script and we're at a point where ad revenue more than covers our costs. So I thought I'd ask for some feedback from the wjunction community.

Features so far:

• Adult images allowed
  • Working Firefox plugin
  • Desktop Uploader
  • API for scripts and programs
  • Working Chrome plugin
  • Custom thumbnail sizes
  • No bandwidth limits
  • 10mb file size limit
  • No per user storage or bandwidth limits
  • Images get deleted after 12 months of inactivity
  • Accepted types: jpg, gif, png

Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. If you want to see new features just let us know here.

Changes:

• Added flash upload
  • Minor cosmetic changes
  • centered everything
  • Added API
  • Added desktop uploader
  • Added mass links to make copy/paste easier when uploading a lot of images.
  • Added client side checks
  • Added new API options

If you are a graphic designer and have some ideas on improving the site please send me a pm. I will pay for good ideas.

Last edited:
97 comments
Really need a new theme, the current one sucks. Maybe a new logo from one of WJ GFXrs. You plan on using the current theme, center it.

I'll just ask you one question.

Will you be able to maintain the site 1 year from now when it will crunch GBs of bandwidth everyday?

Its already using 60gb a day. Ive stress tested it far harder. Once it hits a certain threshold i'll be getting more servers. Managing bandwidth is the easy part its the image processing thats hard on the server.

I prefer minimalist & simple designs over flashy stuff. I've personally always questioned how well run an image host is underneath by the fanciness of its design.

Last edited:
Its already using 60gb a day. Ive stress tested it far harder. Once it hits a certain threshold i'll be getting more servers. Managing bandwidth is the easy part its the image processing thats hard on the server.

I prefer minimalist & simple designs over flashy stuff. I've personally always questioned how well run an image host is underneath by the fanciness of its design.

60gb/day is far, far away from being anywhere near 'stressed'.

The design, like everyone said, could use a change. I'm not talking about a complete haul over. But maybe change the color theme from green to something else.

The features, however, are quite good. I assume this is a custom script you developed?

60gb/day is far, far away from being anywhere near 'stressed'.

The design, like everyone said, could use a change. I'm not talking about a complete haul over. But maybe change the color theme from green to something else.

The features, however, are quite good. I assume this is a custom script you developed?

I've stress tested it manually and it was stable serving out approximately 10mb/sec, not that its stable because its using 60gb/day.

I've just added an api for scripts and a desktop uploader. I keep hearing the design thing but I'm happy with it. I can only see minor cosmetic changes going in and not a theme overhaul.

Again, 10mb/second is far from stressed. It's not just bandwidth that you'll be stressing in the coming days, it's hardware too. Particularly, your hard drives. You'll see those being stressed harder once you start pushing more images concurrently.

There's more than just HD's. I've stressed the HD's to serve more than 100 images/sec. Its really the whole package that needs to be stressed as in how it does serving not just 100+ images/sec but with php & mysql.

I use nginx and static content especially on a 15k rpm SAS hard drive in a RAID, is next to nothing.

++++

• Nice DOmain name.
  • That URL remote upload tool is nice.
  • Multiple Image Upload is also present.
- - - -

• There is an urgent need to change your theme.
  • Have something elegant and smoothing for eyes.
Other than this, everything goes fine in there.
Rating - 6/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back