Review: henstream.com (18+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurokidz

Hi guys,
i developed new site with WordPress, site: henstream.com
I try my best to design this site with clean design and responsive.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or tips for me. Thanks.

6 comments
I always try to say this whenever someone makes a WP Tube site for anime-related media, so I'll just quote it:

Again, it's the same as every other random anime site made using wordpress with that same bad url format. Having an anime site is different compared to having some random tube site, since anime are usually released in "episodic/series format" and not just independent episodes.

I'll suggest modifying the url format so that the episodes are under the titles. You can do url rewrites with wordpress, so I'd suggest not using the wp_post table for episodes, but anime entries/titles instead. Then you can make a custom database table for episodes, so they can have all the necessary columns needed. Wordpress is capable of such, and you best utilize that ability.That way, it will look more professional and organized when compared to the usual "WP Tube " format.

Don't use wp_terms table, specifically the categories to define the series title/entry, it should be better to use wp_post. The biggest disadvantage of using categories as anime entries/titles is that, you won't be able to properly put taxonomies in them, because the category itself functions as a taxonomy. If they are post entries, you can tag them with genre and other stuffs using basic category/tag functions, and more if you want to add custom taxonomies. Having taxonomies in episodes shouldn't be a priority/necessity, but if in case you insist, you can always do so by adding more custom tables/rows and making your own simple taxonomy functions in them.

Here's an example of using wordpress to make an anime streaming site like I described: https://aho.moe/eromanga-sensei/episode/1/

I look very neat to me. However, the favicon and logo are not customized. You should make one soon having a unique logo can really help you just like HentaiHaven their logo is very attractive and easy to remember.

The ads have not yet inserted but I do hope that when you do it won't hurt the design of your site and it's still friendly to the user.

relying on google drive as a host is not a reliable option. Especially since your api key is publicly visable so it is not hard to take it down + all the files on your site. It might be ok however since it is just an anime / hentai site. still I would suggest using a backup host like openload together with my script that I can provide a beta for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back