Status
Not open for further replies.

Veer

Okay before beginning I would like to request please don't take me wrong or start drama over here.

If you guys know that those members get the "Respected Member" rank who contribute something towards the community by helping the members and through other ways.

My question is why would be there an inactive respected member who visited a long time ago. He/She is neither helping the community nor has any interest left over here, so why the rank is still given to him/her. Okay I believe he/she did something good and is respected, but previously we already had a demotion of "respected members" rank so why this thing is not followed frequesntly?

I am not against any particular "respected member" but I feel like there are many other members who deserve this rank. This kind of topic has already been debated a long time back.
So I wanted to know the opinion of other guys over here.

Once again please don't take me wrong, if any mod/admin feels this is sarcasm then they can close and delete this thread.

50 comments
You do have a point though.

But it can work both ways, soon as they get removed they would come back, bitch about it get the rank back then maybe leave again lol.

Anyone not active for say atleast 3 months should be removed, i think that's more enough of a suitable time frame.

Literally I have never seen People Getting respected on staying on the forum except Geezus, humour, Blaze, MF other are Likes gone away or they are not showing interest in the community, I urge People like EsotorisK, raavi, rko, Shareshiz, cvrle sorry If am Missing someone should have got Respect Rank or maybe Higher ranks as I have seen them active in the Forum and helping each and every Member and Just contributing to the community.

I am not sure on what bases they are giving Ranks except few of them Helping or maybe they are giving ranks to successful Webmasters or anything else maybe

Regards

I don't think there's limitation, or 'seats' in respected member section, so, it can't be filled with certain number of users there. (Mods correct me if I'm wrong)
But, yeah, if someone left for good, and doesn't log in here for long time, no use for him having a rank.
Yet, why we should care about that??!?

Literally I have never seen People Getting respected on staying on the forum except Geezus, humour, Blaze, MF other are Likes gone away or they are not showing interest in the community, I urge People like EsotorisK, raavi, rko, Shareshiz, cvrle sorry If am Missing someone should have got Respect Rank or maybe Higher ranks as I have seen them active in the Forum and helping each and every Member and Just contributing to the community.

I am not sure on what bases they are giving Ranks except few of them Helping or maybe they are giving ranks to successful Webmasters or anything else maybe

Regards

If you don't know, I was a moderator on this forum already. I was demoted :|

Due to my in activeness. And i was hospitalized then, there was a misunderstanding between other mods. I had a word with elj(admin) already but others were not aware about this and then I was demoted.

I didnt know respect had a time limit :|

Respected is respected. It shouldnt be removed. The past was the past. Lots of things happened in the past.

Respected is respected. It shouldnt be removed. The past was the past. Lots of things happened in the past.

Agreed +100

If someone proved themselves once, they don't need to do it again and again to maintain what they deserved.

@ Qoo

If they proved it once then why are they demoted? There are many examples here.

Your statement cannot be taken for 100 %

Okay lets take Phozon as an example, he was a mod, he was promoted to smod, then he quit and became respected, he contributed a lot for this community. If you have noticed him from the beginning he has saved many members from getting scammed.
Well he was banned and then he is now a normal member.

My question to you is, he proved himself many times and if you weigh that then even his one mistake doesn't counts then why he was demoted?

People have to prove themselves if you say that statement.

I wouldn't know what exactly did Phozon did, new here :(

Anyway, the rank says respected not contributing/active members. In other words, the rank is to award them for their contributions not so that they keep contributing eh :o

Well you can't take individual cases into account. I know why phozon was banned and demoted, but its neither mine or your business.

I still stand by the fact that you shouldnt have to prove yourself continually. But this is a forum, people lick balls and call in favours and all kinds of games. At the end of the day its just a title, and there are many people that aren't respected that i have a lot of respect for.

Why isn't it our business? We should know why he was banned.

When someone is banned, everyone has the right to know why the particular member was banned.

It is already said by the admins that we are like family so a member of the family has the right to know about the other member.

So we have to mind the business. Nonetheless you might not think wjunction as a family place, you just think it to be just a "place"

Those who are honest contributors, don't give a rat shit for a rank. They will contribute after getting rank, or without it.
You either have it, or not. You don't chase the rank. And if you don't get it, or lose it, you don't cry over it. Or ask for it.

Phozon was Banned because he was Spamming the CB with Tippie, and Tippie is still banned because of it, phozon is just a member now as he was respected earlier after the incident that allie reported

Adding, agree with jayfella that Respected rank don't make you Respected

Forget this bullshit about individuals being banned etc. and lets get back to the original point.

Most members who have the 'respected' rank are busy people, remember that. They have the rank because they have contributed to the forum. Even if some time passes by, does that mean they are respected less? No.

If you don't know, I was a moderator on this forum already. I was demoted :|

Due to my in activeness. And i was hospitalized then, there was a misunderstanding between other mods. I had a word with elj(admin) already but others were not aware about this and then I was demoted.
Moderators are demoted due to inactivity, thats because they can't do their job if they're inactive. Its a different case all together.

Sorry to hear that you were in hospital, but the point still stands.

Well said jayfella :)

Seriously guys, common sense.

Who cares for Rank ?

Those who care , they should not get it as This is a community and not a competition zone ,

I would say close This topic as this is not at all beneficial for community

Somebody has said before

Its not what you get but it maters what you have given to the community !

First Page: Respected members rank

Second Page: Adventures of Phozon.

It seems like you made a thread to defend him and not generally. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back