Status
Not open for further replies.

manthing

Hi everybody, i was using a longer time Lulzimg.com for uploading images for my posts. But after closing this great imagehost, i need a new one which is allowed on most of forums like w-bb and other (foreign forums also). Which host would you recommend, guys? :)

20 comments
I think what I'd do is use a super fast and easy to use cloud storage instead of an image host. I used to use tinypic.com years ago and then imgur.com which I still consider one of the best image hosts.

The problem is these were great but the Internet has moved on and better options are now available.

For example if you put your upload images into your public Dropbox folder you can post them wherever you want. You can replace them later with updated images and it will update all your posts. The images are never deleted and you don't have to worry about a site going offline like what happened Lulzimg regularly. This is becoming popular and I'm starting to see more and more images hosted on dropbox and posted on forums.

Dropbox have loads of API's and developers so you can create whatever image upload script or tools you want. You can also use something like Google Drive as let's be honest. Google Drive will never close or go offline unlike what could happen any of the above mentioned hosts.

^^^ OP is asking about a good image host alternative not file storage
An image is a file. You can host files therefore images such as this one.

logo.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Dropbox, imo, is far more reliable. Google drive is still new; Dropbox has a larger market share.
Google has a larger market share now and remember Dropbox had a major email security issue in the last week. Google drive has more security with the two step verification but all this doesn't matter much for the purpose of hosting images. They are both more than capable.

What happened to lulzimg being sold for $13k?

FYI, imgur will delete images and will block sites based on referer. Probably better off going to another host.

What happened to lulzimg being sold for $13k?

FYI, imgur will delete images and will block sites based on referer. Probably better off going to another host.

It was sold; a year later, due to growing concerns of a specific nature on the site, the owner told me he was gonna dump the site and asked if I wanted to take over. I figured I'd take over and keep the images alive at least, if not the core operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back