Status
Not open for further replies.

techdx69

I've been sick and tired of wrzhost's downtime that cost me my pagerank to drop from 5 to 0.

Anyway, I'm looking for a small package offshore host yet reliable for my small site.

Approximate bandwidth needed = 50GB
Diskspace = 2-4GB will be enough
Price = As cheap as possible(Most important thing is that its "RELIABLE")

I've checked serverdome, the prices and all are fairly reasonable and living up to what I'm looking for. But I heard its only good for VPS, Semi Dedi and Dedicated Server.

And I see SQSHosting is good, but it was good because jayfella was owning it, now that its sold, I doubt the service will be as good as before.

Photonservers? I have read a lot of good reviews about it before, not sure if its good now.

Or what do you suggest? Thanks in advance.

techdx69

18 comments
Hi Techdx69,
I'm sure many people can vouch for how good SQS is running and improviding daily!

The "Shared" servers are limited to 20 accounts which basicaly means we are offering what some call Semi-dedicated without the huge price tag to ensure we get the best performance out of it.

The servers are on a 1gbps connection and the server load is always on average 0.70 which is pretty outstanding!

I can assure you the same level of service has continued from when Jay had owned it :)

Anyways if you'd like to give us a chance feel free to PM me and we can work something out for you.

Thanks.

Hi Techdx69,
I'm sure many people can vouch for how good SQS is running and improviding daily!

The "Shared" servers are limited to 20 accounts which basicaly means we are offering what some call Semi-dedicated without the huge price tag to ensure we get the best performance out of it.

The servers are on a 1gbps connection and the server load is always on average 0.70 which is pretty outstanding!

I can assure you the same level of service has continued from when Jay had owned it :)

Anyways if you'd like to give us a chance feel free to PM me and we can work something out for you.

Thanks.

Well okay, its a good thing that you limit your no of accounts per server. But when jay owned it, he had given good support service. Storming not that I want to make it hard for you or so, back then when you were with wrzhost, you and the other technicians only reply me within the same 8hours of the time. That means if I'd send in a ticket after the 8hours, I'd have to wait prolly half a day or more to get a response.

And yet my site is too small for sqshosting's smallest package. And prices are not up to my budget cause I do not intend to put so much into my site since its so small.

Thank you for your reply though. :)

I'd like to recommend you VuzeHosting.

We have over 300+ customers and shortly introducing VPS'.

You can view our packages here:
http://www.vuzehosting.com/webhosting.html

Hmm.. I'll check it out.

I've been sick and tired of wrzhost's downtime that cost me my pagerank to drop from 5 to 0.

Well dude no matter where you go keep in mind that offshore shared servers arent that great

shared on wrzhost is not that good, sometime (or most of the time) is better to pay a higher price to get higher quality!

wrzhost has good semi dedicated servers

I'm advertising for them because I'm using their rapidleech and shared plan, so It's not just trash talk. As for all unmetered, I heard they will change their plans soon (add space and bandwidth limit), it will stay same for me aka old customers :)

If unmetered worries you about Vuze, bare in mind we have a fair usage.

Fair usage and unmetered really don't mix.

Fair usage s not fair if you tell someone they are unmetered and you ban them because they get busy.

Fair is setting up the routers/firewalls properly so that no one is denied bandwidth and if someone is using more automatically reroute the bandwidth to the other sites as needed.

Still not fair as what is a site supposed to do if they get a big push of members say in the month of august or only on the weekends.

Fair in that case (which is what normally happens) is a lazy or dishonest hosts way of getting money for hosting and dumping the site.

ALSO IT SHOULD NOT SAY UNLIMITED>>>>>>

Unmetered would be more appropriate and that would be stretching the truth.

Unmetered can have a fair usage and is stated in some hosts TOS. I believe advertising unmetered is fair but not unlimited as long as there is a fair usage because unmetered and unlimited mean exactly the same thing.

Neither should be advertised if you have a fair use policy. That is what should be advertised.

Either tell the truth or don't. State how many sites are actually on the server and how much bandwidth/cpu is the limit you consider fair and stop the bullshit unlimited as it is not unlimited.

Since I started unmetered discussion, I would like to end it please, don't spam thread. Webhost which I advertised have fair use policy and they stated in their TOS limits p/account. So it's not unlimted it's unmetered.

Just one more thing. Here is their limis in their TOS.

Network Performance
Vuze Hosting accounts operate on shared resources. Excessive use or abuse of these shared network resources by one customer may have a negative impact on all other customers. Misuse of network resources in a manner which impairs network performance is prohibited by this policy and may result in termination of your account.

Doesn't say anything except they have a right to drop a site as they please. SO I am now finished. Sorry if you considered this hijacked.

No, 'you are prohibited from excessive consumption of resources, including CPU time, memory, disk space and session time. You may not use resource-intensive programs which negatively impact other customers or the performances of Vuze Hosting's systems or networks. Vuze Hosting reserves the right to terminate or limit such activities without warning.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back