Reliable filehost for personal files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m107

Hi,
I was using hotfile to store my personal files and auto backups but I found that they share files in search engines.
Now I am looking for reliable filehosts that includes ftp upload to keeps file private as default.

it would be great if you guys can help me.

17 comments
If you are not from US, uploaded.to has a function which make files are private but it will deleted after 30 days (I don't remember exactly) from last download.

If you willing to pay then I think a shared hosting (or VPS) is enough

Thank you KingOfDCP, the problem is huge size of files after a month. Now I am storing backup files in a dedicated servers but I am thinking for a free filehosts too.

So this uploaded.to will make files private as default or I have to select files and make them private each time?

I will prefer mediafire , it has option to keep all files private and unlimited space. And files remains in your account forever even if they are not downloaded since 90 days but sadly no FTP support is offered.

Yh, mf is great but ftp is needed.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

any suggestion?

Using dropbox, skydrive (free 25GB) and box.net (you can search google to find the guide how to get 50GB free disk space, max uploading file size is 100MB, 10GB bw per month)

Why i choose them, because they don't delete your files with or without any downloads.

Finally, mediafire is very good!

P/S: 4shared is another good choice.

Use rapidshare!
I love rapidshare, but it seems they dont keep file private as default :facepalm:

Using dropbox, skydrive (free 25GB) and box.net (you can search google to find the guide how to get 50GB free disk space, max uploading file size is 100MB, 10GB bw per month)

Why i choose them, because they don't delete your files with or without any downloads.

Finally, mediafire is very good!

P/S: 4shared is another good choice.

Nice, box.net seems great, I am gonna try google for extara 50 gig ;)

Thank you bro :)

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Oh, I have Android, so how can i get this 50 gig disk space?

DropBox , Rapidshare, mediafire & bayfiles is good for personal backup
Try backup hosting sites
like driveHQ & etc

I need 5-10 gig secure disk space that support ftp upload, just for backup mirrors.

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2012 at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was 17th Feb 2012 at 09:14 PM ----------

Box.com is amazing, but no ftp upload :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back