Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as you're using a home connection, you'll be fine in most situations.

Recently I couldn't download and got a 'request from a dedicated server' error because I used it through my VPN>

As soon as I disconnect from my VPN, it works.

Perhaps the OP can tell us the IP number .. most probably it's not from his home connection.

The User acknowledges not to use our service to download copyright infringement digital files punishable by a suspension of his account and reporting to competent organizations and authorities.

Perhaps the OP downloaded an illegal file? :P

They basically do not want you to download files from a dedicated / vps server.

Here's their email:

In case of blocking due to the recognition of a dedicated server please give us some information:

- Your VPN Provider
- IP Adress concerned ( IP Range if you know it / if it is available )

Warning: In case of personal dedicated server, we only allow proxy like Squid and VPN like OpenVPN or PPTP with a screen and a temporary access for proof. Any other use of a dedicated server is not allowed and the server will not be unlocked ! ( In accordance with our terms of use you accepted when you register on our site )

So you could only use your VPS/dedi as proxy to your home connection. You cannot directly d/l from their site to your servers.

If they detect high speed downloads from your account - they might ban you for that.

Like I said before, if you are on the big data centers like Softlayer/Leaseweb, they automatically block your ip. So if you can get vps/dedi from other DCs then you might just get away with it.

I actually have two vps that works with them, although I have to keep the connection to 100mbit so they won't notice :)

i pay for this and 2 days still waiting activation before 2 months when i buy for first time its was instant but now waiting 2 days they become scaming?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back