Rapidspeeds - Latest news back online till 2nd December 2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm this adres:

Darren Henry Thomson

63 High Burnside Avenue
Coatbridge
Glasgow
United Kingdom
ML5 1HZ

Thats the address I found for him as well.

Taking out personal legal action against him will fail though as the company was limited so the directors cannot be liable for any debt of the company. Of course though as he was in the process of striking the company off he should not have been trading anyway so that then becomes a matter for the fraud squad as he was trading illegally, and as a director he IS liable for any illegal actions his company takes.

Also I will add a big thumbs up to Leaseweb, they didnt have to open all the servers back up again

In all fairness this hasnt really worked out that well

I'm expected to find a new server within hours to back up data

Luckily i have an old 100MBps server with 15TB of space but my god its going to take a while at 11MBps, probably longer than 2 days

Luckily i have an old 100MBps server with 15TB of space but my god its going to take a while at 11MBps, probably longer than 2 days

15TB of data at a constant 12MB/sec (100mbps) transfer will take:
1 310 720 seconds = 15.1703704 days

Thats the address I found for him as well.

Taking out personal legal action against him will fail though as the company was limited so the directors cannot be liable for any debt of the company. Of course though as he was in the process of striking the company off he should not have been trading anyway so that then becomes a matter for the fraud squad as he was trading illegally, and as a director he IS liable for any illegal actions his company takes.

Also I will add a big thumbs up to Leaseweb, they didnt have to open all the servers back up again

Limited Liability doesn't cover negligence. I'm not entirely familiar with the UK business laws but if he shouldn't have been trading during a period before the strikeoff, that shows negligence and he can be personally sued.

Really sad to see fast growing company getting closed .
The saddest experience is for the indirect clients. e.g. evoboxes & knowinservers(like me). I didn't pay a penny to RS, but I did pay for last 6 months to knowinservers(Glenn)! They sold their company to RS & RS(Darren) scammed us! Who lost anything? Only the users like us!!! Not knowinserver neither Darren nor leaseweb(they will sell our servers, which were legally bought by us & earn again for the same period of time) lost anything at all! The pitiful us have to be even grateful that we were given chance to get the backup from our servers which were actually ours to remain if some thieves didn't meddle!

I am really sorry if I do hurt anyone's feelings here, but it feels like the most bitter time for the whole last year time span.

Good Luck to everyone for their future with new servers/companies.

Last edited:
I noticed this on the email from Leaseweb.

"On a per case basis LeaseWeb may, upon request, review the possibility to transfer or migrate your RapidSpeeds' service(s) to our network."

Has anyone spoke to Leaseweb concerning this, it would save alot of time moving data?

I noticed this on the email from Leaseweb.

"On a per case basis LeaseWeb may, upon request, review the possibility to transfer or migrate your RapidSpeeds' service(s) to our network."

Has anyone spoke to Leaseweb concerning this, it would save alot of time moving data?

Leaseweb wont do it for you.
They told us, they wont be doing it.

They definatley wont be doing it, I've been in the chat all day and its so, so bleak its making me want to top myself

Theyve even been instructed to not talk about rapidspeeds anymore now

since this thread is already hijacked to all hell...

if anybody has leads on a dedi with at least these min specs, pls pm

1tb hdd
2gb ram
100 mbit pipe
add-on IPs
public tracker "friendly"

Don't think anyone can lease out 15TB of free space to you. Why not spare 9 bucks and get a Wupload account to ftp all your files to their server? Probably not the best option but I am sure you can backup most of your 15TB over a 1Gbit connection within 2nd Dec rather than relying on your 100mbit server.

If you would make a seperate thread explaining what you need there are plenty of them who will provide you with good offers.

Looking for a VPS with fast upload speeds (3MB/s +) to fileserve, filesonic.

Please let me know if anyone knows one cheap enough (~25USD)

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back