Status
Not open for further replies.

thedossetup

Today this message poped up when I randomly visited the website.
[h=2]Notice[/h]

Dear RapidShare Customers

Kindly note that RapidShare will stop the active service on March 31st, 2015. Extensions of STANDARD PLUS and PREMIUM will be possible until February 28th, 2015.

We strongly recommend all customers to secure their data. After March 31st, 2015 all accounts will no longer be accessible and will be deleted automatically.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send us an e-mail to support@rapidshare.com

Thank you for many years of trust.

Your RapidShare Team

If you use there's service, take action.
(I miss the old RapidShare from 2011, RIP RapidShare!)

13 comments
I'm actually impressed they're still active! Rapidshare made a lot of good things to file lockers back in the day, but recently was only "more of the same".

they are the pioneer in this filehost business. I started with them since rewarded points day (2009) for premium self upgrade/selling. :)

RIP RS.

They tried to suicide a lof of time whenever they trolled their paid users, and now they finally succeeded.
Fortunately, I have built a large NAS with 24 x 4TB drives to save all my files at home and quitted the ridiculous game.

BTW, LeaseWeb is selling stroage servers with 12 x 2TB drives which only cost 79 ~ 99 EUR/month (depending on the bandwidth option, 10 TB or 100TB) because of the 40% off promotion.
You guys can consider it instead of finding other filehosts or cloud storages solutions if it's affordable.
MEGA won't be the solution because they have started charging uploaders who stored too many terabytes for some months; maybe some people already received their emails.

^yep, there is no other way to secure data except offline hardisk drives. those cloud services or file hosts who offer unlimited storage may be gone just like Rapidshare.

oh I miss old days with Rapidshare.de...choose a server to download file...Telia Sonera, Cogent, etc:-=

who still use it now? NOONE!
even Mediafire not many people using it.

MediaFire doesn't seem dead to me:

3G9texm.png

maybe this is interesting for the owners

most of us had nothing to do with this no earnings, but much restrictions company.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back