Questions about Domain (Warez Site)

Status
Not open for further replies.

8cores

Hello fellow members and Mods, I've some questions regarding domain related to warez site.

1 - I've a warez website (Movies Download) with .com domain

2 - My domain registrar is Bigrock.in

3 - Can they suspend my domain? And if yes, then what should I do for a back up and is there a way I can retain and still get my same domain name? (exactly the same .com domain)

4 - What if one day the domain get suspended, what should one do then?! What will be the steps to bring back site back? Is it possible one can buy the same domain name which got suspended from other registrar (seems not, right)

Recently extratorrent.com domain is suspended also many torrent sites went to country specific domains. I know, those are big fishes. I just wanted to clear my doubts and increase my knowledge and just to know how to be safe.

Any info/advice will be appreciated.

6 comments
1) okay
2) don't know them. But they are part of "RADIX FZC" -> RadixRegistry.com - new gTLD Registry which are located here in the United Arab Emirates. So probalby a good choice
3) yes. .com domains are all properties of Verisign. So an american company. If they want to shut down the domain, they will.
you won't get the domain back, if it gets seized by the government
4) get a new domain? with an other TLD like .ws or .to or s.th. else.
You won't get the domain back, if government has taken them offline.

They can suspend your domain & you won't get it back, you would be wise to purchase a couple of new domains as wedge says but unless you are really big & above the radar you don't have to worry, they are going after the big torrent sites & cause they will keep swapping domains that will keep the authorities busy for a very long time, they haven't got the resource's to go after every warez site..

Thanks for answering every single point. Blessings.

1) okay
2) don't know them. But they are part of "RADIX FZC" -> RadixRegistry.com - new gTLD Registry which are located here in the United Arab Emirates. So probalby a good choice
3) yes. .com domains are all properties of Verisign. So an american company. If they want to shut down the domain, they will.
you won't get the domain back, if it gets seized by the government
4) get a new domain? with an other TLD like .ws or .to or s.th. else.
You won't get the domain back, if government has taken them offline.

Yes, that's true and true story. Thanks for jumping in. Blessings to you too.

They can suspend your domain & you won't get it back, you would be wise to purchase a couple of new domains as wedge says but unless you are really big & above the radar you don't have to worry, they are going after the big torrent sites & cause they will keep swapping domains that will keep the authorities busy for a very long time, they haven't got the resource's to go after every warez site..

Can they suspend my domain? And if yes, then what should I do for a back up and is there a way I can retain and still get my same domain name? (exactly the same .com domain)
If I was you I would look into purchasing a new domain immediately with one of these extensions: .ag, .sx, .so, .ir or .onion
Your domain will be seized by ICE if you become too large. Purchase a new domain through one of the corresponding countries registrars associated with the extensions above and immediately change your domain name.

4 - What if one day the domain get suspended, what should one do then?! What will be the steps to bring back site back? Is it possible one can buy the same domain name which got suspended from other registrar (seems not, right)
Steps would be to purchase a new domain name, upload your backup and wait for your visitors to find your site that's resurfaced. However, that's not going to happen because once you're read this reply and everyone else's you will be on your way to purchase one of the extensions I listed above and by the end of the night have your website completely switched over.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back