Status
Not open for further replies.

WebMonster

I am looking for a host who will actually ignore dmca, has to be reliable money is not an issue vps/dedi server

Also looking for a good ddos protection service.

Any input much appreciated.

8 comments
What are your exact requirements?

Like for a VPS or dedicated server how much resources you require? So that some one can help you better.

I am looking for a host who will actually ignore dmca, has to be reliable money is not an issue vps/dedi server

The truth - No DMCA hosts are total bullshit. If it comes from an authority they would have to respond. If you really want to play around I would suggest you to go with an Iceland host (they are the only country in the world where you can truly set things free). Very expensive but yes they do ignore DMCAs.

Need help? You can PM me. ;)

its not really about the specs i do need 2/4 gb of ram dual or quadcore nothing major for a hdd. (dedi server)

Thats it really, all im asking is to be directed to good company and not some reseller.

The truth - No DMCA hosts are total bullshit. If it comes from an authority they would have to respond. If you really want to play around I would suggest you to go with an Iceland host (they are the only country in the world where you can truly set things free). Very expensive but yes they do ignore DMCAs.

You are right.

There are providers who can offer DMCA safe servers.

DMCA is like any other copyright report you can get, but there is a difference.

We are a company based in The Netherlands so we don't have to apply to any DMCA report from the US, but if we get a report of dutch authority we have to obey that one.

Most if not all DMCA reports are from the US, so we can ignore them if wanted.

We don't have to obey anything as long there is no court order.

A host that openly accepts clients seeking hosts that ignore DMCA requests is a host that is asking for trouble.

DMCA is technically only applicable in the US. After all, US law is not world law. In practice, the threat of legal action, and local counterpart laws make ignoring such notices unwise.

If you do happen to find a host that can ignore DMCA safely, then expect huge fees. Hosts that attract sites that may get a lot of DMCA take down requests may also attract other types of 'questionable' website which in turn may attract DDOS and other forms of attacks. No way a host can operate without larger costs in such case.

If you can find a host, good for you! But then I suggest you not let everyone else know as your advertisment may attract to your new host a whole range of undesirable neighbors :-).

Finally, why not have your site hosted on a server (could even be in the US) and have front end servers that do a sort of 'reverse proxy'. You can do this with cheap shared hosting accounts. Just get lots of them and use it in conjunction with Managed DNS Hosting | Enterprise IP Anycast | DNS Made Easy in order to prevent downtime in the case your account gets shut down. Could save you a few bucks!

This kind of host not existing...also the dmca notice sender will send a report to your domain company too.If you dont remove the reported content,your domain will get blocked.

There are providers who can offer DMCA safe servers.

DMCA is like any other copyright report you can get, but there is a difference.

We are a company based in The Netherlands so we don't have to apply to any DMCA report from the US, but if we get a report of dutch authority we have to obey that one.

Most if not all DMCA reports are from the US, so we can ignore them if wanted.

We don't have to obey anything as long there is no court order.

There are already a lot of agencies in your countrie,who work for copyright holders and sending out dmca notices.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back