Post your computer configuration!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monitor: Some shitty 19" Dell piece of shit... did I mention it was shit?

Case: Antec 900 Case

PSU: Cooler Master 900w UCP silver rated

Mobo: Asus Rampage II Extreme

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 - Overclocked to 4 GHz, 8 hours prime95 stable.-

Cooling: Noctua NH-U12P SE1366

RAM: 6GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz Trident Series (6-7-6-18) Triple Channel kit - Stable at 1603Mhz (6-7-6-18)

Video: BFG GTX 285 OCFU - x2 SLI

Hard Drive: 1tb Samsung F1 Spinpoint

Will be ordering a Dell Ultrasharp come next pay day

CPU: i7 920 (not overclocked, yet) (thermalright heatsink w/ 1 noctua fan and 1 TR fan)
RAM: 6GB DDR3 1600mhz
GPU: GTX 285 FTW (nvidia ftw, pricey but they outperform ati)
HDD: 3x320GB, 1x1TB, 2x250GB
PSU: 850w enermax
Mobo: EVGA Classified (ridiculously expensive mobo, best i7 mobo available)

On a side note, SLI and crossfire are pointless. Unless you're some 3D modeler or similar, you will NEVER use the full power of all your GPUs combined.

I had my eye on the EVGA classified but found it seriously hard to justify spending that much money on a mobo. True tri-sli does sound tasty but would the gains be that noticeable considering that I'll never be able to afford a monitor that's capable of displaying 2560x1600?

What were your reasons for going with the EVGA JmZ?

Oh and I can attest that SLI/Crossfire comes in very useful when playing at high resolutions!

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Central Processing Unit: Intel Core Quad Processor Q9400 - 2.66GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Hard Drive: 750GB SATA RPM 7200
Virtual Graphics Adapter: NVIDIA 1.5GB Dedicated Memory
Maximum Page File: 17,000M
DirectX: 10

My internet speed is 25 Mbps download by 16 Mbps upload

I had my eye on the EVGA classified but found it seriously hard to justify spending that much money on a mobo. True tri-sli does sound tasty but would the gains be that noticeable considering that I'll never be able to afford a monitor that's capable of displaying 2560x1600?

What were your reasons for going with the EVGA JmZ?

Oh and I can attest that SLI/Crossfire comes in very useful when playing at high resolutions!

You can run things at very high resolutions with a single card such as my 285. Having SLI/crossfire is no true benefit, people just get it "for the hell of it".

Also, I agree it has a ridiculous price tag (the classified). But it was £100 more than the next mobo down (an ASUS P6T of some kind) so, because I was spending a lot anyway, I thought why not?

I have been having problems i cant figure out though and nobody seems to be able to help me no matter where I post (not specifically mobo-related problems).

On a side note, SLI and crossfire are pointless. Unless you're some 3D modeler or similar, you will NEVER use the full power of all your GPUs combined.

Totally wrong. I've tested few cards in SLI at the test center and they give significant boost in frame rate (games). So, they are not pointless X-(

EDIT: Also, if you want to build a new gaming rig this is not the right time. I suggest you hold your horses for few more months as new hardware technology is expected to hit the shore soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back