Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Happy

Since the IPB move is no more and we're stuck with this script for the forseable future we need to moderinize and make the site look more current. It's really starting to look old and dated. Their's a few places that could do with an hour of love and attention to make the place a lot more appealing. It's just attention to detail this place needs to make it look nice. I coded the below example in about 4 minutes. It's just a javascript element that hides crap. Let's get a few simple things like this done to make the site look better.

ChRWM.png
T1byg.png

Another example. Why is there a top and bottom border to the sig area but not right or left? These little things annoy me.

Lfwsr.png

Another thing. Half done rounded corners. It's like someone went to lunch half way through the job and forgot about the rest.

Sbej4.png

Last edited:
92 comments
Are you proposing to remove my long penis by hiding it? :(

I must say I agree, we need such an update. It is the red guys who take the final decision here.

Are you proposing to remove my long penis by hiding it? :(

I must say I agree, we need such an update. It is the red guys who take the final decision here.
That's another point. What's the point in the gold stars and this terribly ugly green thing? Have one or the other but not both.
That green DEFAULT thing looks incredibly shit. I mean you don't just have to install a mod and leave it like that. They can be customized.

Uneven rounded corners are all over the forum .....

Here is a pic which shows some really minor things ,but they do annoy me , as I move around the forum

f98483f2da.png

Uneven rounded corners are all over the forum .....

Here is a pic which shows some really minor things ,but they do annoy me , as I move around the forum

f98483f2da.png

Padding? Don't get me started about padding. It's wrong everywhere. In the below example it's different everywhere. Just one hour and you could tidy this place up so much.

VZ2qn.png

why not just a new updated premade style with a new logo???

Would take less work and make the site look way better then this ugly script and skin haha

why not just a new updated premade style with a new logo???

Would take less work and make the site look way better then this ugly script and skin haha

A pre-made style would need editing to have all the custom bits and pieces this style already has, this would/could make it far more work rather than just tweaking the shit out of the current one.

One thing I would like to see is the postbit aligned properly like all centred it looks a right mess at the moment (well to me anyway).

JGM.

IPB sucks hairy hippo balls but each to their own :P I just don't like the software at all I would rather have phpBB over that.

JGM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back