PhoneBlok - Best Smartphone ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twitt

At this time smartphone upgrade can not be done according to our needs over time. We believe that we are buying the right cell but after a while it is just a nothing in comparison with other smartphones. An interesting concept is introduced these days, it is about Phonebloks.

Phonebloks is totally customizable phone,it’s made by blocks (Lego Style) but you can replace everything on it, you can customize according to your needs. Change, the camera, processor, storage, battery and many other things depending on what you’d need.

[video=youtube;oDAw7vW7H0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDAw7vW7H0c[/video]

Source: PhoneBlok ? a different smartphone | Smartphone Addicted ? Technological Web - Top Apps, Games and Reviews

What do you think about it? Personally I like it so much, this is what we need at this time.

6 comments
It's simply not possible from an engineering point of view. Imagine the complications of getting compatibility fluid.

Although the concept is good, it would be far too insane in a practical sense.

Other sites have noted this guy is a designer/artist, and has no engineering experience nor any idea behind the whole plug-n-play concept.

I like the concept too, but even if possible, it would take a few years to make such a thing!

Totally agreed with the points mentioned by turboto.

I don't think you can really consider something made like LEGO blocks a smartphone. It's a horrible idea. Average consumers don't want options. They just want stuff to work as they buy it. This guy just got famous for an idea that isn't possible, practical, or even necessary.

It's simply not possible from an engineering point of view. Imagine the complications of getting compatibility fluid.

Although the concept is good, it would be far too insane in a practical sense.

Other sites have noted this guy is a designer/artist, and has no engineering experience nor any idea behind the whole plug-n-play concept.

If he had any real experience with computers he would have known the thing about electronic devices not designed to last is total bs. Computers and phones can easily last for 10-15 years without any issues if you handle them properly.

If he had any real experience with computers he would have known the thing about electronic devices not designed to last is total bs. Computers and phones can easily last for 10-15 years without any issues if you handle them properly.

10-15 years? My ipod 4G (not a phone but still an example of how quick tech is outdated) is now not compatible with iOS7, some apps are now starting to update and require iOS7 in order to work. Therefor it is already obsolete in just 2 years. I am sure my iPhone wont last long either.

Also before people start ripping on Apple, my HTC desire HD outdated very quickly too! Nothing lasts 10 - 15 years, maybe the fact that it turns on is enough for yourself. But in my eyes, it needs to function to it's full potential, not be restricted.

So this is an awesome idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back