Phishing attack on RapidShare customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiddo

Well as of today April 12, 2010 this is the latest news that's up on the RapidShare news page.

Phishing attack on RapidShare customers

Unknown persons are currently sending thousands of e-mails which ask the recipients to update their RapidShare accounts' billing information.The sender address of those e-mails is fake. The messages do not come from RapidShare, and the link contained in the message leads to a fake website. Please do not enter your account data on that page. If you already did, or if you have any questions regarding this topic, please contact our customer support.

So if you have got such mails kindly ignore them and be safe. :)

13 comments
Here is the thing the person sending out the emails must be sending them to past customers. RS database get leaked?

Good share.

Even I was kind of wondering from where the hell these guys get so many e-mail Id's. Its a pity for all those people who don't know much about phishing and lose their accounts.

Even I was kind of wondering from where the hell these guys get so many e-mail Id's. Its a pity for all those people who don't know much about phishing and lose their accounts.
Der r many ways 2 get emails. I got an offer to submit 1000 random email IDs for $10 :P.

I never replied to that person, but there r many ways 2 get. I got something 7000+ email IDs, 4000 of them with passwords :P, in span of 2-3 months. Although, it required a lot of hardwork and was a very tedious work...
I had kept them in my PC, for showoff and my record, but then later, I deleted my entire folder... just in case...

So, if I can do that, then there r many brilliant minds sitting in front of their computers and already doing this...

Wow, finally rapidshare realised it? I had got this kinda msg ages back. He asked me for my pass and address. I replied saying fuck off <_<

Here is the thing the person sending out the emails must be sending them to past customers. RS database get leaked?

Good share.

If you have a large list of phished accounts you can extract all the emails easily. Very easily. I've actually something that does this but it was designed for legit reasons.

You can use leaked email databases like what happened on Warez-Pretator or any hacked Database but your not guaranteed as high returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back