Permanent-Upload | Unlimited and Permanent Storage for Files

72 comments
Really Interesting, I Will Not Mind if you Show Some Ads Instead of Crypto mining.

And Also I Want to Do Some Personal Discussion so Please Stay Updated with Your Inbox.

Are there people still relying on services like this in this century?
mining in secret
gives unlimited disks
uses cloudflare
bla bla blaaaaa..

He made up something ridiculous under the name of ipfs and is trying to deceive people.
If you do not know something, you should not talk.
Post automatically merged:

Are there people still relying on services like this in this century?
mining in secret
gives unlimited disks
uses cloudflare
bla bla blaaaaa..

He made up something ridiculous under the name of ipfs and is trying to deceive people.
And btw: you can put the CID into any ipfs gateway and it will show you the file.

Last edited:
Due to the cryptoeconomics of Filecoin, data storage is provided for free today. This will likely change to some form of crypto-native payment model in the near future (e.g., staking Filecoin to increase storage limits), but will remain highly inexpensive due to Filecoin's economic model and 15B+ PiB of capacity..
From web3.storage/faq/
Post automatically merged:

"My files" section has been added, and files other than videos are also supported now.
That's not really true.

1- Files need to be pinned and are initially pinned where they're stored first. you can't just upload in the network "magical and free" storage pool. you need to use your own storage or third parties storage like "web3.storage" ect... (Yes, third parties pay for their own storage servers). If your file get pinned by another node, then, it can survive even if you remove it from your storage and unpin it. otherwise, it will get garbage collected.

2- you use your own IPFS gateway domain, so you're using you're own bandwidth to serve videos, so yeah, streaming files from you're gateway domain has bandwith costs for you. (PS: there are some free IPFS gateways out there right now too)

Its actually a brilliant idea. No ads, free video hosting, files never deleted.

People should be uploading as much as they can before they start charging for space
This is not brilliant at all when it is an old method, if you know what IPFS is about you surely know what happened with Cloudflare and the videos, now surely thanks to you they are going to make the secondary gateway limited as well. Luckily, there are more than 250 gateways with good speed but let's hope you guys don't burn those too.

so the file should be pinned somewhere, What Happened If I Just Upload the File and Copy CID,

This Means File No Longer Be Available or Downloadable? and When We Pin a File We Need Actual Storage to Store That File?

TncwtD6.png

Much ado about nothing .... for some people it might be handy, but it won't threaten traditional hosts yet.

I tried this app. First time see above ... timeout .... today 'loading' endlessly.

I also downloaded the ipfs.io desktop ... but it is very very slow ... completely unusable for file hosting.

But it might be useful for those using cloud services like Google, One Drive etc.?

Last edited:
Back