Payza Put a Hold on My Account, Won't Say Why and Now We're at an Impasse

Status
Not open for further replies.

young_golem

I opened a Payza account on Thursday, August 6. I linked it to my bank account. The micro-deposits appeared on Tuesday, August 11. Other than opening the account and linking it, I did *nothing* with the Payza account until I logged in to confirm the micro-deposits on August 11. When I logged in, it said "Account Status Temporary Hold." I couldn't confirm the micro-deposits, nor could I do anything other than go to support. So I went on the chat. I asked a simple question: "why is my account on a temporary hold when I haven't done anything with it?" But I couldn't get an answer. It was like I was speaking to a robot. He wrote the sentence "To provide all of our customers with the best and most secure services, we need to ensure that the information our customers provide us is genuine." That's all he'd say about it. I said that there must be a specific reason other than a copied and pasted sentence. But he only wrote the same exact words again literally like a robot. And the more he refused, the more concerned I was. Because I couldn't get a straight answer at all. And since they already had my bank account info, I certainly wasn't going to give them even *more* -- my driver's licence, a passport, something like that -- without feeling comfortable.

So I wrote to customer service. I said I had no intention of giving them more ID. I wanted an explanation. Because I've done nothing with the account yet, so I couldn't possibly have done a single thing suspicious. They ignored my question -- literally ignored it -- and wrote the same sentence the chat guy did, plus gave me instructions on how to submit my ID.

So now I was even more annoyed and concerned and said I had no intention of giving them any extra ID for no good reason and I wanted them to release the hold. Then I went on the chat again and asked to speak to a supervisor. I was told that wasn't possible and if I wanted to do anything, I needed to submit that ID.

So I went back and e-mailed customer service again and said this wasn't working for me due to all these weird e-mails and chats not to mention the many complaints I've read about Payza all over. I just wanted to cut my losses and close the account. I couldn't close it myself due to the temporary hold.

Today I got my response, and they said my account couldn't be closed because of the hold. And if I'd kindly submit two pieces of ID to release the hold, they'd gladly close the account. This was the most ridiculous thing of all.

So now I'm stuck forever it seems with this account. And they have my banking information and I have nothing. Thankfully I never put any money in the account. If they'd explained the specific reason for the hold in the first place, would it have come to this? Probably not. But they didn't and so I got concerned. If someone from Payza is on here, a supervisor, who's willing to resolve this with me, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, it's just a cautionary tale for anyone who needs anything resolved with Payza. Because if I couldn't even get a straight answer over something so simple, I can't imagine what might happen with something complicated.

7 comments
Hi young-golem, perhaps I can shed some light on this issue. An account hold can occur for many reasons ranging from a User Agreement violation, to an unauthorized login attempt, to a suspicious transaction. Because of the sensitive nature of some of these issues our Customer Support Team is instructed not to share information regarding why an account was locked or suspended in any circumstance. That is not to say that you have necessarily done anything wrong, in many cases an account is locked to help secure it in case, for example, a login attempt is recorded from a suspected hacker.

To unlock your account, simply follow the instructions of our support team. If you are unwilling or unable to follow these instructions your account will likely stay locked. Note that our User Agreement indicates that Payza can request you verify your account or provide more detailed verification information at any time (Please see Section 1.4, the relevant section of our User Agreement in this case: https://www.payza.com/legal#eligibility ).

As an international money services business, Payza must follow strict rules and regulations, which, on occasion, means that we must make these requests of our members. I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

An account hold can occur for many reasons ranging from a User Agreement violation, to an unauthorized login attempt, to a suspicious transaction. Because of the sensitive nature of some of these issues our Customer Support Team is instructed not to share information regarding why an account was locked or suspended in any circumstance. That is not to say that you have necessarily done anything wrong, in many cases an account is locked to help secure it in case, for example, a login attempt is recorded from a suspected hacker.

To unlock your account, simply follow the instructions of our support team. If you are unwilling or unable to follow these instructions your account will likely stay locked.

An account holder should have the right to know why his or her account has been locked. And in my case, I'd just opened the account days before, so this was my first experience actually dealing with Payza on a personal level. The fact that your company refuses to dislose the reason why to me doesn't make sense. And whether or not there is a "sensitive nature" to "some of these issues" doesn't change the fact that they're *my* issues and I should have the right to understand them. I appreciate your taking the time to write something to me here, but I don't accept what you're saying

Giving the ID isn't the problem. I would've done so had I been asked initially. Seeing that it's impossible to get a straight answer out of Payza is the problem. That's where the problem started because Payza just comes off shady. To me at least. If Payza wants to hide behind legalese and just repeat key phrases whenever an issue arises, I can't help that. What I can help is getting myself farther in because I find it hard to trust a company that won't even try to answer a simple question. Even to the point where Payza won't even close my account *without* the ID. Which is ludicrious.

Like I said in my original post, I'm a cautionary tale at this point. Because Payza will not get my ID.

Last edited:
I am having the same issue except they allowed me a week to let people send me money a couple times and then they locked my account and will not tell me why but unlike golem I have followed their instructions EXACTLY.

First they wanted me to reply to an email send from the security department with all my information and every possible detail I would need to know to ensure I did infact make the account and it was me so I sent that too them two times and they insisted they did not get it until the THIRD time I sent it and I thought as soon as they get the email I would be okay but it was not enough..

Second they are now telling me that I need to supply a copy of my Drivers License/ID card for identification verification and a Bank Account Statement to verify my address?? So within 10 minutes after they sent the email,I sent them what they requested but I got no reply at all..

My account has been on hold for almost two weeks and I had to stop payments that would have been sent to my Payza account because I feel like they will never let me access my account again. It is ridiclous, I understand they have security measures put inplace to protect their company from Fraud and Identity Theft so they are not liable for any incident but they are taking this Fraud/Security thing way too far..

I am 1000% the legitimate owner of the account, I have had 2 payments sent to my account within the first week of opening it. I added a bank account to my Payza account and it was accepted and as soon as I tried to make a withdraw it was declined and my account was locked, and then suddenly my account is on a "Temporary Hold" and no matter what I do I cannot get it removed. This is crazy it is like they are trying to get me to give up getting my account off hold to take my money!

I have PayPal, Skrill, Paxum accounts and I have never had such difficulty with an account hold like this and if I did have an issue with any of these other money services I mentioned it was resolved within 1-2 days... Payza now has me waiting 2 1/2 weeks....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back