Page Rank is it really that important ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnporter2001

So I still see a lot of people busting a gut to improve their pagerank.

My question is, is it really that important anymore ?

I appreciate for back links etc it helps but if we go back 2-3 years ago I believe pagerank was quite important, but from what i now read on webmaster forums it seems that no one really cares anymore.

The reason I ask is that im just starting a new forum project, and want to know in what way should i proceed in.. should i spend money on improving my pagerank, or should i concentrate on backlinks, or any other of the 100's of things you can do to improve your SEO.

Anyway over to you. I would be interested to hear from a webmaster that has been successful in the past, in to what and how they would start with seo from scratch.

Thanks

10 comments
PR gives a confirmation that the site has at least existed for a while, has a reasonable relationship with Organic traffic, with some type of back links.

When it comes to the actual value of the website, it's virtually irrelevant. Google said they were going to phase it out completely, but that was like 5+ years ago..

Pagerank is only important for people selling textlink. for me, It's not important although my forum has Pr3 but it's not more important with me. I am interested in high traffic. :)

there are other factors, not all depends of the PR, for example the load time, the content, and the domain registration date.

should i spend money on improving my pagerank, or should i concentrate on backlinks, or any other of the 100's of things you can do to improve your SEO.
Anyway over to you. I would be interested to hear from a webmaster that has been successful in the past, in to what and how they would start with seo from scratch.

Don't rely on the past knowledge when it goes to seo.
The thing you need to get is a community. If you spend time "improving pagerank" than working to provide useful content, what will be the benefit of seeing a newcomer who found your website, but bounced away in no time ?
The problem isn't related to get new users. Making them stay, is the thing you need to focus on.

So I still see a lot of people busting a gut to improve their pagerank.

My question is, is it really that important anymore ?

I appreciate for back links etc it helps but if we go back 2-3 years ago I believe pagerank was quite important, but from what i now read on webmaster forums it seems that no one really cares anymore.

The reason I ask is that im just starting a new forum project, and want to know in what way should i proceed in.. should i spend money on improving my pagerank, or should i concentrate on backlinks, or any other of the 100's of things you can do to improve your SEO.

Thanks

Pagerank means very little when it comes to SERP now a days. People use pagerank now a days to sell backlinks,etc. You can have a PR 0-1 and still outrank a PR 5 site,

Yes, PR is important. I will explain it on example of this website. It is platform for publishing self-interviews (you will come, write interview with yourself and get 3 seo friendly backlinks). Because site has only PR2 (we are hardly working to improve it) people think is not worth enough to spent time with writing that content. Conclusion: PageRank matters.

PR is very important to your site if you it to do well with big G. It means your site has good relationship with organic traffic and that it has been in existence for some time. It will show backlinks and other data your site had for that years it existed. It is also easier to dominate your niche with good PR site.

PageRank is what Google uses to determine the importance of a web page. It's one of many factors used to determine which pages appear in search results.

It is subjective to each webmaster. People who want to earn from ads or sponsored posts need to have high PR. High PR links still do have an appeal among sponsored posts niche. So, in a way PR is still relevant and important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back