Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeds

Am I right in thinking that the offshore shared hosting plans advertised on sites such as this with warez/hacking related members are targetted alot as far as ddos attacks and customers abusing resources or are they just really unlucky with the downtime?

any recommendations? im having lots of problems with xtlsel only been with them 2-3months

7 comments
My friend all 1 needs to do is read a little and you will find hosts run by children, that ddos each other, that oversell to the point of hardly able to run, that have no real support staff, and the list goes on.

Do your home work well for a shared host, get a vps, or go to someone that has space and will host you privately.

If you could afford it, I would look into a VPS. It gives you your own IP address and dedicated space. Most of the time (depending on the host) you will receive far less issues with a VPS then you would in a shared hosting environment.

But as WDF said, most web hosts around these forums are ran by children due to the fact that it is extremely easy to buy a $5/month reseller account. Once they get that all they have to do is put together a free public template for their website and sell web hosting accounts for $1/month with "unlimited" space and bandwidth.

It's always best to do research before committing to a hosting company.

Yeah this happens alot sadly. I purchased several different hosting packages on this forum and they always go down and claim it's a DDOS attack.

If you could afford it, I would look into a VPS. It gives you your own IP address and dedicated space. Most of the time (depending on the host) you will receive far less issues with a VPS then you would in a shared hosting environment.

But as WDF said, most web hosts around these forums are ran by children due to the fact that it is extremely easy to buy a $5/month reseller account. Once they get that all they have to do is put together a free public template for their website and sell web hosting accounts for $1/month with "unlimited" space and bandwidth.

It's always best to do research before committing to a hosting company.

Actually these kids so to say have started to abuse OVH network now since they offer such cheap servers for a monthly price.

Its funny to see really how many of them are from OVH because 90% of them are.

Yeah this happens alot sadly. I purchased several different hosting packages on this forum and they always go down and claim it's a DDOS attack.

Sometimes it is really a DoS. Unless you see your site just out right does not load instead of timing out

Am I right in thinking that the offshore shared hosting plans advertised on sites such as this with warez/hacking related members are targetted alot as far as ddos attacks and customers abusing resources or are they just really unlucky with the downtime?

any recommendations? im having lots of problems with xtlsel only been with them 2-3months

You need evidence to proof this before complaining.

I am tending to start to agree with this myself. I mean with Shared hosting(On Non-warez/hacking hosts) there is enough issues or risk with members using way more than their fair share.

When you add in Offshore hosting you add in more risks such as DDOS attacks not to mention given the legality of some things offshore hosts allow you have to also ponder about the support and longevity of the host.

So yes I agree that warez/hacking related host tend to get attacked more and have more people abusing resources more so than those who don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back