[NSFW] review my streaming site

Status
Not open for further replies.

candyman

www.sxcvid.com

i wanted a site which wasn't a wordpress clone like the rest of them and i needed it to be as small file size as possible and be able to be moved quickly from host to host.

the site is less than 300kb in size and runs off around 5 files.

there are no popups from my side (only the ones the streaming host used puts up)

it might look like its from the early 2000's era, but i think it does the job very efficiently and qucikly

32 comments
nope , your site is superslow, most source i think are the unscaled splash pics
PageSpeed Insights result:
First Contentful Paint
2,6 s
Speed Index
3,2 s
Largest Contentful Paint
3,6 s

Time to Interactive
7,6 s

Total Blocking Time
630 ms
Cumulative Layout Shift
yeah but how does it compare to some other sites and wordpress sites
Post automatically merged:

also i dont get what the "time to Interactive" means

within 1-2 seconds of the site starting to load i can click on an image or link on the site and have it go to a video

Last edited:
Yeah.., just checked that your speed is .897 sec for a complete display of homepage. Ideally its greater than 94% of wbsites.

Yeah.., just checked that your speed is .897 sec for a complete display of homepage. Ideally its greater than 94% of wbsites.

when i open the page (cache deactivated) it takes about 5-6 seconds to load the pictures from adultempire.com ...
that is the disadvantage of integrating images from external sources

when i open the page (cache deactivated) it takes about 5-6 seconds to load the pictures from adultempire.com ...
that is the disadvantage of integrating images from external sources
thanks for the report.

is that too long for you? there is about 100 images it needs to load. I can cut it down to like 50 but then you wont get as much choice with movies being displayed before having to click generate more to get more random ones

thanks for the report.

is that too long for you? there is about 100 images it needs to load. I can cut it down to like 50 but then you wont get as much choice with movies being displayed before having to click generate more to get more random ones

There are technicks with which you can control that the visible (top) images are loaded first and the others only afterwards. scroll to load or something like that. currently they are all loaded at once
and smaller pics are useful too

There are technicks with which you can control that the visible (top) images are loaded first and the others only afterwards. scroll to load or something like that. currently they are all loaded at once
and smaller pics are useful too
which would probably require some JS or something similar which i dont really want to add more of.

the whole point of hotlinking is to make the site as small as possible (currently sitting at 300kb) if i had to add images that would increase the size substantially and also the bandwidth used

which would probably require some JS or something similar which i dont really want to add more of.

the whole point of hotlinking is to make the site as small as possible (currently sitting at 300kb) if i had to add images that would increase the size substantially and also the bandwidth used

then use the smaller pictures from adultempire.com
instead
imgs1cdn.adultempire.com/products/23/1525823h.jpg
use
imgs1cdn.adultempire.com/products/23/1525823m.jpg
or
imgs1cdn.adultempire.com/products/23/1525823s.jpg

then use the smaller pictures from adultempire.com
instead
imgs1cdn.adultempire.com/products/23/1525823h.jpg
use
imgs1cdn.adultempire.com/products/23/1525823m.jpg
or
imgs1cdn.adultempire.com/products/23/1525823s.jpg

genius, i didnt even think they had different sizes. Will get onto that ASAP
Post automatically merged:

genius, i didnt even think they had different sizes. Will get onto that ASAP
that is going to have a great impact on loading times. Thanks a bunch @ImpulsingBlackHole

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back