Status
Not open for further replies.
make new members pink or something, current color is too similar to members color...

disable ¨remove your likes¨, its childish in my opinion, whoever ¨dislikes¨ simply does it because they get mad.

when quoting, being able to select what to quote first can come in handy, some posts are really long and having to delete most of it in the reply box to quote just one part is annoying...

i guess if there is a reputation button then it matters, so in my opinion it should be more visible then the like button, or similiar...

adding a ¨recomend¨ button would be nice, where users recomend a useful thread, this then goes to a ¨recomended reads¨ section

Please make sure the new design is easy on the eyes. That's the most important key. Not make it super-new-and-modern-looking. Aim for a timeless style.

Existing theme is perfect need to be upgrade with new features.... like rating feature which thread is mostly popular by viewing, Reviews, And on this forum we need 24 hours help desk because this forum is just for webmasters, if any one wants any relative information concern web he can contact with help desk and wjunction can charge for this service.....and forum thread should be in separate categories like if i am looking for DLE help then their should be separate DLE categories in which only DLE related stuff b present and Wordpress, Html , etc etc
i love Wjunction because its environment so user friendly, but some times the moderators ban us or delete our post without informing us or without giving any warning its strange because we have alrights on our words :D joking actually you should launch user points program, for example i having 10 points if i did violate the TOS of wjunction you can less 2 or 4 points from my points or if i did good response or maintained good behavior among webmasters you can increase my points and setup points criteria like on 50 point you will be automatically promoted as respected member on 100 etc etc ....

well this way of asking reviews from your fans its another good idea hope you can understand what i am trying to give you my thought.... ;)

I think all of the ones previously put forward are pretty shite compared to this one. I can't see any need to change it although it may be nice to have a change for once

Everyone who is saying not much more can be done with vB 3.8, it is the most customisable software package possible for forum scripts. Seriously anything can be done, we just need to think outside the box. For example WebFaux have just had a new template coded and everyone says they love it and theres always compliments.

just make an updated version of the existing one. The colors should stay. The skin does look dated, and the rounded corners have done it no favours. IMO it just needs to be brought into this decade with a tweak or three here n there. A sprite for some gradients wouldnt use any bandwidth, or use css3 if you feel daring enough. It wouldnt take a great deal of change to bring it back into fashion.

I think someone needs to fix the validation errors tbh. This is a webmaster forum, lead by example. the GTMetrix result is awful too. Combine that with a USA server and most of us europeans suffer from a slow, unresponsive website.

Maybe something Blueish type and Simple red would look attracting and interesting thing, this theme will always be called a Premium thing but now it looks outdated and Just to change the theme somewhat will do the work

-Change the city behind the Logo (ShareShiz already mentioned it), blueish Behind the Logo would look elegant and Attracting

-Maybe something criteria change in the PM thing, that we don't need to Refresh the page to see the PM. lol

-Sorted out search Option, the current search Button is like hell when searching for anything

-Change the background grey to some other color maybe to Tryout

One more thing beside the skin should be changed is the Criteria of the Promotions of the ranks so that it don't look biased when making a new guy a Moderator or when giving someone Respected Rank

This is all i have got :)

Some great suggestions, keep them coming.

We could do something similar to what Mr Happy suggested;
http://i.imgur.com/T1byg.png

Along with;
- A drop down login
- Tabbed latest posts (AJAX) (I'm sure most of you would want this)
- Statistics globally
- PM Notifications (AJAX) (It would display something similar to Facebook when you receive a like)
- Search box with filter option (search specific forums rather than the whole forum) (This would be on the index)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back