Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with THANKS button is ALWAYS, that users hit it on the post that means nothing, for example, me hitting thanks button, where someone said thanks...
At least from my observations. This would be pure example:

edhve.jpg

Users usually are hitting headless that thanks button... It won't be a measure of anything at all.

My 2 cents.

^The same with the reputation :P

This is amazing when someone is selling a service without looking for what people are saying you
could just look at thanks. I think admin should add groan not sure about this.

I agree, the marketplace/host sections have the most potential outcome I can see from the post thank you hack.

I'd also like that implemented, but it has been discussed in the past and people said only negative outcomes would occur.

Eh, well, I didn't saw too much missed reputation :

4MJNS.jpg

There is less chance to miss a person, who you want to rep.
Something that can't be controlled, mostly gets abused, now, problem is: how to control it, is there a way?

There are consequences to all actions. There will always be consequences.

I think iTrader would be better option than "Thank you" hack though.

Digital Point is using it and look, they are still running strong. And don't start with "it can be manipulated", everything can be manipulated.

First the Rep system:
reputation.gif

Then the Stars:
mod.png

Now Thanks !!
post_thanks.gif

I think WJ's deviating from being a professional forum, to just another Discussion/Chat forum

People should instead be given Points (brownie) for making easy, Successful transactions in MP,
for sharing nice tools, info etc.

Looks great addon, just remove that date part(beside the name of the username who thanked) + Y not hide the list of the user thanked behind one click button??? i.e. introduce a JS link which would show & hide the list of user thanked. It would look less messy...

There are consequences to all actions. There will always be consequences
In a way you said it, that literally means nothing,lol
We all know laws of physics, and laws of action and reaction.

Not sure, why rep, thanks, or stars are introduced at all.
Since all can be manipulated, what is the use of it?
Member can be active, and just decide to 'do' someone for $. Will their rating help? No, it will do more harm, actually, because someone took those stats for granted.
Well, now you can say, it's his fault he took it for granted.
So, what is the use of those stats?
Basically, except wasting space and resources, there is no doubt for me, that all that is useless. I mean, someone wrote in my rep, that I am a moron, because I said megaupload is scam host. Why he didn't comment on my post, asking me why I feel that way? So, a good person can be neutralized, and knocked from doing business, because of few idiots, and REPUTATION system.

So, there is more ways to abuse it, than it's of any real use, and help.

My 2 cents.

(Ye, I know, haters will react with: OOhhh again that trollz0r)

First the Rep system:
reputation.gif

Then the Stars:
mod.png

Now Thanks !!
post_thanks.gif

I think WJ's deviating from being a professional forum, to just another Discussion/Chat forum

People should instead be given Points (brownie) for making easy, Successful transactions in MP,
LOL! Shouldn't professionals thank each other when helped? *amazed*

I think the old rep system would of been fine if it just wasn't possible to give bad rep.. Only good... To much hate on this board.

Excellent really I prefer the Thank button anyhow, but the font is a little bit off.

It will be changed.

First the Rep system:
reputation.gif

Then the Stars:
mod.png

Now Thanks !!
post_thanks.gif

I understand your thoughts, and there are some who share the same thought as you.

But as you well know, there are more social and more "fun" to have such features, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back