New Dedicated server setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOST_FRIEND59

Hi everyone,

I am going to buy a new Dedicated server in a couple of day, I am going to use it host a website but I don't want to spend on buying a cpanel license.
I am currently planning to host a single website on it, I need basic setup of php and apache along with sftp and point my domain towards the server.

I need a tutorial to setup the server.

Thanks in advance.

10 comments
Webuzo is the best free panel I've ever used, I love the organization, is full of features, you go on "Apps" and you can install PHP 5.6, Nginx, memcached, varnish,... switch between Apache and Nginx, all with a single click

I also tried VestaCp and Kloxo-MR, VestaCp doesnt allow Nginx standalone, only Nginx + Apache and Kloxo-MR is more complicated and doent have so much features

http://demo.webuzo.com/enduser

The instalation is pretty simple you just need 3 commands and it installs LAMP by default
I even like it better than Cpanel

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I am going to buy a new Dedicated server in a couple of day, I am going to use it host a website but I don't want to spend on buying a cpanel license.
I am currently planning to host a single website on it, I need basic setup of php and apache along with sftp and point my domain towards the server.

I need a tutorial to setup the server.

Thanks in advance.

hi

i can give you directadmin lic with 7$/month

If you only want to host with a simple LAMP website and nothing else, obviously a manual configuration is what recommended. Please note that installing a control panel will so many unnecessary packages that are not necessary just to host a website. So you will end up with unnecessary processes to run and to maintain them to keep your server secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back