Status
Not open for further replies.

masterb56

Hi guys, I need your opinion, which ones would you go for in terms of network - the dedicated would only be used for download/uploading purposes:

Leaseweb's 100tb servers
I3d
Nforce

14 comments
I3d / Nforce

E Leaseweb has my vote you will find your uploading/downloading will work good there along with much cheaper bandwidth to use.

We're using Nforce for most of our production servers.

Global Layer still single homered @Glenn? it would be a big turn off for me.

Last edited:
@Storming, there is nothing wrong with Global Layer. Atrato is a strong backbone.

Leaseweb - Good if you stay within 100TB. Each MB over usage is pretty expensive.
i3d - Good.Need improvements on their offers with 4 or more HDDs
nforce - didn't tried. Network looks good. But be sure to read https://www.nforce.com/terms-of-service - section Responsibility for Content

@Storming, they have multiple path to Atrato ( 2 core links in different path)

@Mods, sorry for going off topic. Hope OP already found what he was looking for.

Just a few insights:

I3d - Has super slow speed when transferring files to and from USA servers. But with Europe, they are ok. Their pings are great though, I guess they are much more concentrated on game servers and latency.

Nforce - Excellent network within Europe -NL, Germany, France. It is a bit ok when connecting to us servers too, about 5 MB/s coming from Dallas and they got unlimited incoming bandwith (similar to OVH). Their servers and hardware are really cheap too, so its easy to upgrade if you are on a tight budget. Also if you aren't picky about disk brand - they use Hitachi for their drives.

Global Layer - They have excellent network but their downfall is the price. Hardware upgrades cost too much, also their bandwith is limited. One thing that they don't say on their website is that they only offer KVM/IPMI to reseller accounts. Also, you can't do automatic reinstalls if you're only a private user.

Leaseweb - I don't know but I think since Leaseweb booted some people/companies who have been abusing their network, their 100tb servers have drastically improved. I've been getting great speeds from them. One thing about them though, some filehosts banned Leaseweb's ip ranges - but there are workarounds for that.

My advice would be to go to Leaseweb or Nforce :)

Just a few insights:

I3d - Has super slow speed when transferring files to and from USA servers. But with Europe, they are ok. Their pings are great though, I guess they are much more concentrated on game servers and latency.

Nforce - Excellent network within Europe -NL, Germany, France. It is a bit ok when connecting to us servers too, about 5 MB/s coming from Dallas and they got unlimited incoming bandwith (similar to OVH). Their servers and hardware are really cheap too, so its easy to upgrade if you are on a tight budget. Also if you aren't picky about disk brand - they use Hitachi for their drives.

Global Layer - They have excellent network but their downfall is the price. Hardware upgrades cost too much, also their bandwith is limited. One thing that they don't say on their website is that they only offer KVM/IPMI to reseller accounts. Also, you can't do automatic reinstalls if you're only a private user.

Leaseweb - I don't know but I think since Leaseweb booted some people/companies who have been abusing their network, their 100tb servers have drastically improved. I've been getting great speeds from them. One thing about them though, some filehosts banned Leaseweb's ip ranges - but there are workarounds for that.

My advice would be to go to Leaseweb or Nforce :)

are you asking for opinion or providing one ?
Leaseweb or Nforce are reluctant in providing Extra IP's , so be aware of that.

are you asking for opinion or providing one ?
Leaseweb or Nforce are reluctant in providing Extra IP's , so be aware of that.

Its been weeks since I asked that question, so I did my research and that's the info I got.

I was looking for a server for 'personal use' - uploading and downloading files. I'm not creating 30 vms on one server :-= . So two to three ips are fine by me.

Btw I haven't tested 1000mbps.com, Worldstream or Serverius, but I have heard nice things about them.

LeaseWeb and NFOrce are the top, demand for their servers is heavy so they can't afford to give you a lot of IPv4 per server as there is only that much IPv4.

I never heard of 1000mbps.com. WorldStream is good for the price, desktop hardware and budget network but well worth its price.

Serverius is TERRIBLE. I named and shamed Serverius pack of idiots publicly on WHT a while ago.
tl;dr
1) Their network equipment is from the last century. I have a better router and switch for home use.
2) They are full of budget uplinks. They do advertise Level3 but it's not prioritized to any location and in fact you just get cheapest bandwidth from Cogent and HE
3) Gijs is a first class dirty scammer
4) Network guy is uneducated villager who doesn't doesn't even know what SYN-ACK is
5) They blackmailed my company for 3k eur and caused us a few 10k eur looses 1 year ago
6) Contract? They couldn't care less what foreign companies signed, they realize foreign lawsuits are hard to happen. If they were in Croatia or if we were in the Netherlands, this wouldn't fly - they would be ruined on the court for what they did.

Full story:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8149208&postcount=2
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8365615&postcount=14
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8511060&postcount=32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back