Status
Not open for further replies.

DJboutit

It is time to ban any web host that are only run by one person. I a few times I have signed for hosting from a host and to find out that only 1 person so support is basically non existent. So a host run by only 1 person it takes 2 to 5 days to respond a support so your SOL until the admin gets back to you. Nobody should be running a web host in your space time if you do not have 6 to 8 hrs a day to run a web host should not even try it. WJ need to only allow web host run my 2+ people and web that have been up for a min of 6 months.

5 comments
There is no such way from which anyone can rectify how many original persons are working under a hosting site or Firm. It is only depends on a person / buyer to check the credibility and review about it before using.. anyways at the level of support i am with you at some level that there must a working and instant response should be given in minimum 2-4 hours at least..

Yes there is when they create a thread 2 things they need to add how many people run the host and the age of the web domain the domain age can be verified easily. If they do not fit these requirements there thread gets deleted and they are not allowed to create a thread in these sections any more.

Well I have to disagree. There are ToS and SLAs for these types of things. If a host is guaranteeing you a "24/7" livechat availability and is not available 24/7 you can immediately ask for a refund. Everybody should be able to to their own research and determine if a webhost is trustworthy or not. If in offer seems too good to be true, it usually is. You can't expect a "company" offering unlimited webhosting for 1.99$pm to have great support response times.

Let's say for the sake of the argument:
1 server, typical Xeon E3 that most hosts use: Wholesale 100$ per month
add licenses: whmcs, cpanel, cloudlinux, fantastico = roughly 50$ (generous calculation!)
50 accounts on the server: break even would be 3$ per month per client

Depending on the country, a fulltime staff for 8 hours: 1000-4000$, multiply by 3 to cover 24 hours.

Obviously this is scaling and the more servers, the better staff costs are covered. But let's be realistic for a minute. How many of the hosts here are run by more than one person?

Well I have to disagree. There are ToS and SLAs for these types of things. If a host is guaranteeing you a "24/7" livechat availability and is not available 24/7 you can immediately ask for a refund. Everybody should be able to to their own research and determine if a webhost is trustworthy or not. If in offer seems too good to be true, it usually is. You can't expect a "company" offering unlimited webhosting for 1.99$pm to have great support response times.

Let's say for the sake of the argument:
1 server, typical Xeon E3 that most hosts use: Wholesale 100$ per month
add licenses: whmcs, cpanel, cloudlinux, fantastico = roughly 50$ (generous calculation!)
50 accounts on the server: break even would be 3$ per month per client

Depending on the country, a fulltime staff for 8 hours: 1000-4000$, multiply by 3 to cover 24 hours.

Obviously this is scaling and the more servers, the better staff costs are covered. But let's be realistic for a minute. How many of the hosts here are run by more than one person?

Let's not forget the free RDP Djboutit will ask them for

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back