Need Advise ! Shared ? VPS or Dedicated ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snm666

Hello,

I need your advise , i have a website for animes and manga a french website with Wordpress.
now im in estroweb host , i have a 2000 - 3000 page views/day so i need to know if its okey with this host or i need to go with a VPS or Dedicated.I already have a dedicated in france that i use for my uploads but i don't wanna use it for my website cuz of DMCA.

SO can you please give me some advises ?

Thanks

16 comments
Being that you have the budget to invest in a dedi, I'd say go ahead and do so. The larger server you have, the better.

But since you only are getting 2k-3k views a day, I would only start thinking about such budget changes till you hit the 10k mark. Right now, whatever you have should be able to handle it. Dedis are when you need an upgrade due to traffic load.

save the money and get a vps, just keep upgrading as you need, and as you make money.... dont just chuck it away for no reason...

The virtual private server is the happy medium between the two alternatives. The server is partitioned and your company is afforded an entire one of the partitions. However, since the server is partitioned, other users on the server do not affect you in the same way as they might on a shared server.

I would say a virtual server will work perfect for you and you can take advantage of the easy backup options.

Also make sure you avoid OpenVZ options - stick to VMware or KVM at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back