Namecheap vs. DMCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

t33p

Hello everyone! :)

Recently, more and more articles have appeared in the news that the popular domain name registrar and hoster provide assistance to copyright holders who think what about this, it is important for me to know who is still using the Namecheap services as a domain name registrar and hoster, I am quite concerned about these issues since I have many projects live on Namecheap :spy:

I will just leave these links here:

Namecheap Suspends Domain of File-hosting Service Nofile.io
Openload Domain Suspended By Namecheap
Namecheap Must Identify Nofile.io Registrant Following Piracy Complaint
Court Orders Namecheap to Identify Pirate Site Operator
File-Sharing Giant Openload Has its Domain Suspended (Updated)

8 comments
You just need to avoid registrars because they're nothing but resellers who have control over your domain. They don't own the domain but buying it from the domain level owner and seeling it to you.

You need to find a domain that you can buy directly from the domain level admin and not a reseller. So Namecheap and Godaddy and these kinds of services aren't options on this table.

Those resellers won't bother themselves going to the court fighting to keep you as a customer so their prefered option is suspending your $0.99 or maximum $9.99 domain and close the case. And of course, as a pirate, you don't have the right to complain.

Thanks to everyone for the guys' answers, :) so what can you offer me at the moment, which new home should I choose for my projects? Where can I find the same great service and technical support as on Namecheap? At the moment I am considering an UndergroundPrivate provider from Greece, but as you know, he can not fully compete with Namecheap, and some moments seem absolutely wild to me on some safe posters located in Europe. :fearful: :tired_face:

Never had problems with namecheap, I never had problems with any registrar that I used: godaddy, hostinger, namecheap

Thanks to everyone for the guys' answers, :) so what can you offer me at the moment, which new home should I choose for my projects? Where can I find the same great service and technical support as on Namecheap? At the moment I am considering an UndergroundPrivate provider from Greece, but as you know, he can not fully compete with Namecheap, and some moments seem absolutely wild to me on some safe posters located in Europe. :fearful: :tired_face:
Use https://njal.la/
Post automatically merged:

Never had problems with namecheap, I never had problems with any registrar that I used: godaddy, hostinger, namecheap
you wont be on the radar if you have a small site that's not attracting many visitors. The worst is when your site starts hitting big time then boom it's redirected to mpaa. You have no way of getting your domain back at that point. Also side note never put your real details in any domain registrar. ofcourse that applies only if you're doing grey hat or blat hat stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back